• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ON1 Photo Raw

Johnny Best

I purchase this new software because of the resize feature and the masking. It works great and do not hardly use Photoshop for masking anymore. It still works along with Photoshop when resizing but has great features for processing pics off my camera in RAW format.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It has some great features but also is awkward for masking because it is not available on the Photoshop plugin. Masking is only available when using the free standing version. While the sizing feature is great, the latest Photoshop has, IMHO, surpassed it with the new upsampling algorithm Preserve Details 2.0. Here's a link to a video about it.

More inline with what I've found useful is Topaz Studios. The core product is free and highly useful and you only pay for upgraded to pro level modules.

Johnny Best

I never went with the CC in Photoshop or Illustrator, So I stopped at CS6 for both of them. Always was a ON1 user years past and the newest version was only $80 for stand alone and its downloadable software, so I have the stand alone ON1 2018.1. I also use Affinity Photo and Designer which hopefully will take the place of Photoshop and Illustrator. But the ON1 masking is faster for me than Photoshop but I still use both

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Masking for me is different with every image. I use Photoshop, Fluid Mask and Remask Pro. Which I end up using depends on the image.

ikarasu

I never tried on1 for masking, but it is great software. I used to use it to setup canvas's before my rip software could do it... Was quick and automatically.

I also use it for resizing - I didn't know photoshops new one works good, so I may have to test it and compare. But on1 is cheap, and definately worth it.