• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Once Again Faulty Chip Readers Causing Errors.

heyskull

I am now on my 8th replacement of one of the chip readers on our Mutoh 1604.
Absolute rubbish design which has took me off line for 5 hours this morning!!!!
Sadly it mangles the chip reader pins and has failed on original cartridges and when using bulk inks.
It's lucky I have had this issue before and know how to repair it (if you have spare chip readers) myslf.

SC

Umca

For my my 1614 and 1624 printers I am installed unlock codes and don't use smartcards anymore.
But for I made some chip reader modification for my friend's Spitfire 65 Extreme printer. I've got generic card holder, disconnected wires from OEM card readers and catted connectors. Than soldered wires to cardholders. And mount new card frame on front. You can see it on photos.
IMG_4426.JPG
IMG_4421.JPG

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
Hello Umca!
Spitfire 65 have a twin one color per head ? I see two cartridges by the side.
From card reader if you cut all RED WIRES and connect together with swicht, Turn ON before start for read cards, after initialize turn OFF you have a never dead cards. Is in my RH II (is 99% same as Spifite)

Umca

RH II and Spitfire has a 1C1H (One Color One Head) color scheme on firmwares 3.xx and recognised by printer depend of card order.
Yes, right - about red wires. But cards should be connected while power on the printer. If no contact - no initialize. Question was about stabile contacts for cardreader.
And this method is not works on 4.00 firmware.

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
RH II and Spitfire has a 1C1H (One Color One Head) color scheme on firmwares 3.xx and recognised by printer depend of card order.
Yes, right - about red wires. But cards should be connected while power on the printer. If no contact - no initialize. Question was about stabile contacts for cardreader.
And this method is not works on 4.00 firmware.
Thank you, I don't know, that printer recognise depend of card order, I try it. My RH II has firmware 3.00, configuration KYCM MCYK. Configuration 1C1H has nocontanination color per head.