Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ONE coroplast sign

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by JBurton, Jul 12, 2019.

1. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    So once a month or so we will have a rando walk in wanting a single yard sign. We price it up just like anything else, and it's always stupid expensive. I hate selling them, not because they're a pain, but because I know they won't last, and its a waste of their money.
    What do you guys do? What do you price a double sided printed coro for (not just cut vinyl)? Are there any wholesalers who offer something reasonable on a single coro, so at least I can ignore the job when it rolls through? Has anybody actually done more signs after doing a single coro for a customer who insisted they'd be back for more?

Tags:
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Minimum of 10. If you want one or two... go to FedEx office store or UPS store.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    18 x 24 double sided, non-customer.................... $45 to 55. Just did a 20 x 30 single sided today. Ganged it in with some other things. $65. Paid me green cold cash.......................

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I forgot to mention the last one I did was a few days ago, 18x24 w/ a wire step stake, $85. Cash saves everyone money, probably would call it $80. More often than not I try to group them up and run them together, but these always end up being the only print needed for the week and put off for an embarrassingly long time. (4 days)

5. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    When we first started we had $19.95 single sided 18x24 and $27.95 double sided, up to two colors on the stock coro colors. Now days, we'll do them for about $20 double sided for super simple art and 4-5 days. 4over offers low quantity and they make them in the location by us, so that helps. If someone wants it same day, then it's around $40-$50 with cheap Arlon 510 and DAF Safeguard or just plain cut vinyl. We typically push a 10ct Package with stakes for $165. That's been a pretty big hit. Same day though, that's another story.

6. mcarrigan

mcarrigan Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Canton, Michigan
    Signs2trade will print just one. Shipping ends up being close to the cost of the sign

7. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

We do a one-sided for $25, Two-sided for $40. Same price cut vinyl or printed.

8. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

We stick unlaminated print media on coroplast and charge $40 for one, $30 each for 2-3, $25 each for 4-5, and $20 each for 6-9. Anything beyond that is direct to coroplast and we start at $15 each and go down in price from there. Our prices include economy wire stakes, which can be upgraded for an additional cost.

I don't know that the one-off signs necessarily get us more sign work, but I'm happy to do the work rather than send them away.

9. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    No minimum quantities here. We A) charge for the time/material it takes to do a one-off; or B) send it to 4over and 2x whatever they charge including shipping, plus $10 to prepress the file and upload the order.

10. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Now that I think about it, by the time I email the artwork over to a company, get a proof/acknowledgement back, send a po, then pay shipping, I could just print the stupid thing by itself and mount it.
    How much is one of the auto loading flatbed printers? (I think it was a vanguard?)

11. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Just get you a HP Scitex FB7600 or splurge for a bit more on the HP Scitex 11000.

12. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I'll make a single coroplast sign, but it falls under the minimum shop charge, then I run off 4 of them and they are very happy when they pick them up, cost is the same but the end result is a much happier customer.

Coroplast signs are printed on Arlon 510 with no laminate, mounted with the rolls roller, takes about 10 minutes to make 4 of them.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Offer them a custom kit sign......

Build-O-Sign.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    We have a flatbed... so it's not a problem for us.

You just need to factor in your time - Obviously if the artwork needs tons of pre-press setup, you wont charge them $20-30 for the sign only.

We'd all love the big custom fabrication signs that pay 5X the price of a normal sign every hour of everyday.. but it doesn't happen. If you're not too busy.. make the sign. $20 profit is still $20 profit. If your choice boils down to making a 10 x 30 FT extruded sign that pays in the thousands... obviously choose the latter, unless you absolutely love coro signs.

We have an airplane company that orders single decals...1" x 3". Sometimes even smaller. On a material we don't use for printing often (7725-10). Loading it up, printing a print and cut on it... and wasting 12" of lead material sucks.. but they pay over $50 for a 3" decal and are more than happy to because we get it done right, and quick.

It's not always about quantity... You never know if that single coro sign will become your next mortgage payment on his next order.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Unless you are ordering 20 at least, we dont need to talk I send them to some quickie friends

16. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Just did a 18x24 coro sign on Tuesday, guy asked me how much for a double faced sign one color, I said $70, he said great, SignARama were going to charge him $80! Looks like I am going to rework my pricing. Layout, cut red 651 on plotter, weed, transfer tape put together, twenty minutes. coroplast.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Yeah, most of our stuff is done on the flatbed, too. So, the cost of the Cor-X is maybe 75 cents and the ink for both sides is about 45 cents. Usually, these are no-brainers to layout, so outta pocket is less than $1.25 and the flatbed is already running most of the day, so wherever I can fit it in. Just the time to flip it and cut it, which might amount to another 2 or 3 minutes. This stuff becomes my pocket change for the weekend. I'll do 'em all day long...... everyday for that.

18. Modern Ink Signs

Modern Ink Signs Premium Subscriber

Jun 27, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    1 sign @ 18x24 = minimum charge ($50)

Grab a scrap of coro, throw it on the flatbed, print and trim

19. spectrum maine

spectrum maine Member

Nov 1, 2012
    biddeford, maine
    20 years ago one of these was 50$, nobody complained. maybe 3 for 40 each. 10 for 25-30 each. I ask you folks, has your electricity gone down?payroll? supplies? no, no & no. The quikie stickie shops have destroyed this type of work. 20+ years ago a simple set of mags was at least 100$ now shops are whoring themselves for 1/2 that. It is what i call "A RACE TO THE BOTTOM". Some jobs need to be priced tight, but i am blown away how low people are doing electric sign faces, trucks, site signs etc for. One of my competitors bought a router & now they sell carved signs for like 15% more than a flat one. There is certainly no profit in that.

20. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    When I find someone doing something much cheaper then I'm selling...I outsource to them