• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

one drop of ink or full coverage

asd

somebody call me to get a quote for some window prints some of them are full cover and two only have the company name which is about 10% of the total window and they asked me.is the price still the same for just name? and I said yes weather you have one drop on ink or a panel fully printed the price will be same. how would you guys handle this

Same way. Price is the same regardless of ink coverage. We go based on square foot not ink coverage. Now if the ones with the company name are smaller then the full coverage ones then the price might be different.

papabud

Lone Wolf
they are paying for a window treatment, not just something printed. so they get charged per foot total installed cost

That's exactly what we would do. If you tell him "well I can take off 15% since they aren't full coverage" then every time he has a white area on his sign he's going to ask for a discount because it's not full coverage.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I usually just say, whether you get one color or 14 million colors, it's the same price. It all takes the same media, same loading time, printing time and converting time to cut or laminate. A little less ink is not gonna make a difference in something so small. That, generally makes 'em shrug and say, just thought I'd ask. No problem in asking.

bannertime

When we used the EstiMate program we would sometimes do an ink coverage estimation and that'd affect the price by a few dollars. When it comes up, we explain that the ink coverage is not what makes the price change, but that size and complexity of the job are the two most important factors of overall cost.

There's still a handful of people that think adding another color to an order will change the price like it used to with vinyl and screen printing.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Yep...we still get some customers with that old school mentality of "my black on white coro sign should be cheaper than one with 28 colors in it....give it to me cheap", and we tell them, no, it doesn't matter how many colors. We still do the same amount of work, and it's the same amount of vinyl and coro, regardless of how many colors. In fact, I will charge the same price for a BLANK coro as I will a printed one.