• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One of my favorite tools...

brycesteiner

Being on a job site or even near a building does not guarantee easy access to power. I purchased a DeWalt portable power station last year because we kept running into problems and we use it on many jobs now, even when there is access to power.
It's great for high up on scaffolding, It's great where there is no power. Tools can be run, corded or cordless. It charges 4 batteries at the same time and then used as a 120v power for corded tools.
Anyhow, I just wanted to add that as a tip. it has saved us a lot of time and hassle.
IMG_0366.JPG

brycesteiner

Run time is based on the size of the batteries. We have 4 - 9AH batteries on it. If we need to use the portable table saw, we just pop one off and put it in the saw.
No power on site you can use your corded tools. We use our heat guns with it quite often without running a 100 feet of cords to get to power.
It provides 3600 peak and 1800 continuous watts and it says 15 amps on the front. The batteries really need to be all the same and large because otherwise it stops when the first battery runs out. You don't want to put a 2 amp battery with 9 amp batteries.
Once you get back to your shop you just plug it back in and it charges all the batteries at once and your ready to go for the next job.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
....and DeWalt is coming out with 12ah batteries in packs that are the same size as the 9ah. I'm betting they'll have an upgraded Power Station here eventually.

brycesteiner

....and DeWalt is coming out with 12ah batteries in packs that are the same size as the 9ah. I'm betting they'll have an upgraded Power Station here eventually.

I hadn't heard that and certainly wouldn't be upset. You can always use more power.

bannertime

We have a power inverter on our bucket truck as well as the pick up. This could also be useful for putting on a cart for jobs that require lots of movement.

Nismoasfuh

This looks awesome but a total overkill for me. I would like a portable power station that I can hook up say my heat gun to. I really needed that today, the shop I went to go remove vinyl from had no power. What a waste of time, energy, and money. After searching on amazon it seems like most of these “power stations” are also portable jump for your dead cars battery. Is there a specific one someone can recommend to just power corded tools?

CanuckSigns

This looks awesome but a total overkill for me. I would like a portable power station that I can hook up say my heat gun to. I really needed that today, the shop I went to go remove vinyl from had no power. What a waste of time, energy, and money. After searching on amazon it seems like most of these “power stations” are also portable jump for your dead cars battery. Is there a specific one someone can recommend to just power corded tools?

Ones for jumping a car battery wouldn't run a heat gun for very long. What you need is an inverter you can attach to your car battery and leave the truck running.

decalman

I keep a little champion generator in my truck. Just a 200 dollar 1500 watt. Easy on gas, and runs a heat gun