• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One print head is not working, need help

prinT2017

New to wide format printing-

I'm having an issue with one of two print heads (epson dx7) on our wide format eco-solvent printer. I've ran plenty of head status test prints and numerous cleans, but print head 1 will not print or even clear out the head during clean cycles. While running a fill ink to purge, the ink in the tubes does not move or flow into the dampers. While pulling ink into dampers I've noticed some suction pressure. I've swapped the heads with print head 2 and found that this has only been happening on print head 1 position. Could this be result from a bad data strip, clogged tubes or dampers? Any suggestions would be helpful-

Thx

DD

prinT2017

The pump can draw solution that has been manually applied to cap sponge. I've been checking the cap top for signs of leakage and plan to switch out caps. When I switched out print heads, the print head works fine in print head 2 position. It's just been not firing in print head 1.