• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Onsite large sign patterns

Sorry
How do you make sign patterns in the field on large cabinet pan face signs ( 12' wide X 6'6" tall ) with radius corners? We are ordering new faces. The sign is about 20' off the ground and we have one bucket truck.
Thanks

Last edited:

alevit53

If you are talking about channel letter signs, we just print the outline on cheap paper, tape it up and follow the lines.

Marlene

take out the existing face and trace the radius. if you can, remove a retainer and slide the face out enough to get the trace. note that some of these kinds of cabinets have the retainer attached to the face and if so, you'd have to remove the entire thing.

henryz

I believe he needs to reface a sign with radius corner, we usually get the size of the cabinet you do not need to rub the entire face. You need the retainer size for your face to fit and if you do not know how to measure a radius the rub the retainer corner and have your designer lay it out for you.

Attachments

• radius corner.jpg
    radius corner.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 124

MikePro

you may want to consider an additional bucket truck rental for this install, as well.
sign faces that large, are no easy task.