• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help onyx 10.2.5 hardware key fail over RDC connection

Chasez

Recently took old design PC and turned it into a dedicated RIP station. The PC is now in the printer room away from the design PC. To avoid getting up all the time to work in the RIP, I have setup RDC connections to log into the RIP station to control it from the design PC. I'm running into an issue where the hardware key (usb) isn't detected over the RDC connection but when I am working on the RIP station manually it detects fine. Is there a way around this or a better way to remotely control the RIP??

Please help as this is seriously disrupting the flow.

Edit: forgot to mention, it is onyx 10.2.5 running on win 7 pro pc (and remote login pc is win 10)

Chaz

Last edited:

Travb1999

There is software ive used in the past called usb over network. It allows you to have devices (including rip hardware token keys) on multiple pcs. (though only 1 can activley use it at a time)
i used it mainley for my gs6000 and my graphtec cutter as they were on the other side of the shop on the rip cut pc and sometimes I just want to cut straight from corel or AI.

The software is pricey but it does what it does VERY well. ( there is a 30 day full function trial)

USB for Remote Desktop

If this type of linking isnt allowed just let me know.