• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx 10 Color Management and Profiles problem

Andru

Hi , i have a problem with Onyx 10 Color Management and Color Profiles , I mention that for print I use Avery MPI 2800 media , the printer is a Mutoh ValueJet 1304 and the graphics program is Corel Draw X7.

The problem is that after I work the file in corel, I save it psd type to prepare it for print when I load it on Onyx, the settings are made on the color and media profile for Avery , but after ripping , the colors from the Onyx RIP Center and Job Editor doesn t match , i belive is a media profile problem or color management ?
What can I do ? Thanks !

Attachments

• print 101signs.jpg
    print 101signs.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 567

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Have you actually tried doing a print?

The previews in Onyx are not colour accurate, and are only a quick render of the file. The actual print should use the correct profile and be accurate.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Short of creating your own profiles there’s a couple options.

Maybe try different profiles, one might get you a more accurate match.

or for this artwork there doesn’t look like that many colours. Use the colour match part of onyx, print loads of swatches close to each colour and pick the one that’s closest.

I’ve never went right from photoshop to printing so can’t help you there. Does look like those artworks should be vector based instead of converted to bitmap though.

Ste-v

Hi guys any help would be greatly appreciated, I am new on here and hope to get to know the community,
I’m als new to the Valuejet 1304 my OS is Windows 10 I have the onyx 10 ripcentre thing is it won’t install is there a known workaround I can do, I have seen the software working on a Windows 10 so I do know it works just a little stuck
Thanks in advance guys
Steve

jfiscus

Rap Master
You need to work this problem out backwards.

Get someone in there to create a good custom color profile for your machine & Onyx.
That way every time you print you get the same nice colors.
A lot of the canned profiles can be way off, a couple hours spent on a tech to profile it is well worth the frustration of trying to tweak the profile every time.
Use that same profile for every normal print you make, no matter what material.

After that you're going to have to to Photoshop and adjust your Color Settings for each color mode that you plan on using.
You should be sending your files from Photoshop to the RIP in CMYK format so that is the most important. be sure when you save the final file you do it the same way each time (color mode, etc)
This way your files coming from Photoshop to the rip are consistent.

Then you're going to have to edit your color settings in Corel, and possibly your export settings. I can't help you there as I don't have Corel.

Also, I recommend updating your Onyx to something recent.

Ste-v

Thanks jfiscus for the tips,
Onyx10 is all I have for now just can’t install it, any recommendations for up to date ripcenter

jfiscus

Rap Master
Thanks jfiscus for the tips,
Onyx10 is all I have for now just can’t install it, any recommendations for up to date ripcenter
We use the newest version of Onyx and keep it current with a contract.
If you upgrade, be sure your machines have profiles available. With the newest Onyx one of our older Mimaki plotters is no longer supported.

Ste-v

Don’t think I have hyper-v on my computer only have these..

So I found sorted out my old Windows 7 laptop and tried installing the onyx10 software then I got this message
35454A2F-FF0A-46F5-BE52-AC995EDF6C0C.jpeg
B5FFBA46-55C6-48BE-9F7E-E9A6862F3EE9.jpeg

Ste-v

yeah did give me a dongle and install disk and to be fair he loned me his laptop until I got mine up and running and he’s is also Windows 7, it’s just driving me crazy not being able to get it running

Attachments

• 5BEA51B2-A41C-4F67-9BB7-D07BAC4BDE33.jpeg
    5BEA51B2-A41C-4F67-9BB7-D07BAC4BDE33.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 112

FrankW

By most of that virtual machines, you need to activate USB-devices connected to the host-computer.

jfiscus

Rap Master
You have to install the sentinel driver for the hardware key, then the key itself, before you install the software.

Ste-v

when I plugged the USB in, a dialog box flashed up saying something about HASP, didn’t quite catch exactly what it said

1) How can I install the sentinel driver
2) do I actually need to run the program in a virtual machine ( the computer in going to use is on Windows 7)