• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10 Media Type Mismatch

heyitsme

Hi, we're using Onyx 10.2.0.227 with a HP Designjet L26500, in the last two days it's started saying *** HP Designjet L26500 Warning : Media type mismatch although carries on printing.

When loading Matte adhesive vinyl, we're selecting Self-Adhesive on the Latex printer, and we haven't updated or changed any of the Onyx media profiles or anything, any ideas why this error may have started?

Thanks in advance

heyitsme

You should check which media type is assigned to the Onyx Media Profile.
Thanks, have had a check, it does seem to be set to "Self-Adhesive" (see screenshot attached).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 13.39.08.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 13.39.08.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 320

Raven Graphics

From what I can tell, you have the "substrate type" set to the same setting, but you're just changing the type of substrate under the media options panel. If you have a mismatch, it's because you have the wrong media selected, not that the substrate type of that media doesn't match. I'm using an older version of Onyx, but if you right click the printer you have selected and go to "modify printer", you can change the media profile to match the one you have loaded into the printer.

heyitsme

From what I can tell, you have the "substrate type" set to the same setting, but you're just changing the type of substrate under the media options panel. If you have a mismatch, it's because you have the wrong media selected, not that the substrate type of that media doesn't match. I'm using an older version of Onyx, but if you right click the printer you have selected and go to "modify printer", you can change the media profile to match the one you have loaded into the printer.

That was my thought when I first saw the message, but that's the first place the type would be changed unfortunately (screenshot attached)

Attachments

• setting.png
    setting.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 323

heyitsme

Could you upload a photo of the substrate info from the printer?

Where shall I get that info from?

Also I caught the error that sometimes comes up on Onyx relating to this - You can see the mismatched "loaded substrate" it's checking against is just blank, which seems odd.

Sometimes though the error just doesn't come up and stops the print starting, you have to remove the job and load it back in and try again to try and get the error to pop up to say 'ok' and then it will print (or sometimes there's no error and it just prints as it used to).

Attachments

• substrate mismatch.png
    substrate mismatch.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 309

Raven Graphics

Where shall I get that info from?

Also I caught the error that sometimes comes up on Onyx relating to this - You can see the mismatched "loaded substrate" it's checking against is just blank, which seems odd.

Sometimes though the error just doesn't come up and stops the print starting, you have to remove the job and load it back in and try again to try and get the error to pop up to say 'ok' and then it will print (or sometimes there's no error and it just prints as it used to).

I have the the HP Latex 110, so I'm not sure how similar our printers are, but on mine on the main menu you can go into the substrate panel where you can see what substrate you have loaded. If the issue is not in Onyx it may be in that panel is my thought.