• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 11 crashes on dongle drivers

JoeMedia

Our rip server for our HP just died and we are trying to reinstall Onyx 11 on a new PC. It crashes every time we try to reinstall. I have the dongle inserted and am running it in admin mode. I called Onyx and they said 11 is no longer supported. Does anyone have any insight on how to get this to work? The last PC it was installed on was Windows 10 as well. Really don't have the funds to upgrade right now.
Thanks
Joe

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Make sure you have no additional antivirus or software like that running. Microsoft defender is fine.
If you have the installation package on a USB or something try moving it to the pc drive.
In what way does it crash? Did you try to run the installer without the USB key, does it go any further?
Do you have the newest 11. installation package?

Last edited:

JoeMedia

Make sure you have no additional antivirus or software like that running. Microsoft defender is fine.
If you have the installation package on a USB or something try moving it to the pc drive.
In what way does it crash? Did you try to run the installer without the USB key, does it go any further?
Do you have the newest 11. installation package?
Thanks for the reply. I disabled the antivirus and only have access to the software that is on the USB drive as Onyx removed all access to 11 and prior versions from their website. I also tried installing with and without the dongle in the machine. It looks like its crashing on the dongle drivers. I'll try moving the installer off the USB to the local drive and see if that helps.

JoeMedia

You should also check if your key is only for 11.0 or if it's actually upgraded to 11.1
11.1 you can still download but your key needs to match that.

http://owa.onyxgfx.com/webkey/
You should also check if your key is only for 11.0 or if it's actually upgraded to 11.1
11.1 you can still download but your key needs to match that.

http://owa.onyxgfx.com/webkey/
Thanks...I just checked the key and it's for 11.1. But I don't see anywhere to download 11.1. Do you by chance no where I could download? I really appreciate all your help.

wbmaple1976

hi. I have the same problems.. i tired both link. none of them work for my pc. keep.saying the key is not matching . I use the link to check. my key is 11.1 vision . any idears ? thanks