• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 11 Cut Server issue

amulle

Hey guys. I am having an issue regarding CutContours in Onyx 11. I've done CutContours in Onyx 10 forever and have not encountered this. I am using a SummaSignPro T1600 SL. I print my file, set up the plotter to cut. Open the file in the CutServer. I hit Cut Now, the plotter reads the registration marks (OPOS). Returns to it's original position then stops just before it is about to cut. I cannot figure out what the issue is.

On a lighter note, I noticed that Onyx11 does not print the feed direction arrows anymore. I don't know if there is a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Either way, this is a huge issue and I need it fixed asap. So any advice would be great.

Thanks!
Alfred

FrankW

In Onyx 11, you could select a menu item "Manage Cutters" in the File Menu. If selecting the Summa Plotters and choose the Options, there is a PopUp-Menu where you could select different Barcode-Types. Choose Onyx instead of Summa (don't know the exact choices because I currently have no Onyx available), and you should have the Arrows back. With the Summa OPOS Barcode (not supported on Summasign) you could let it cut in both ways, so the arrows are not neccessary anymore.

Other issue: if you have cut paths in the preview of the cut server, but the plotter don't cut it after measuring the markers, I would check the emulated plotter language in your plotter. Try to set it to "Auto", reboot the plotter and try again.

If you don't have any paths in the preview, you should check the configured Cut Path Prefix.

amulle

Frank, changing the emulation on the plotter works for the CutContour, but now no longer responds within any other program. The emulation on our plotter has always been on HP-GL/2 without issue. Changing this to DM/PL allows me to CutContour in Onyx, but now I am unable to cut in any other program (we use Flexi and sometimes Gerber Omega for cutting vinyl).

Thoughts?

In Onyx 11, you could select a menu item "Manage Cutters" in the File Menu. If selecting the Summa Plotters and choose the Options, there is a PopUp-Menu where you could select different Barcode-Types. Choose Onyx instead of Summa (don't know the exact choices because I currently have no Onyx available), and you should have the Arrows back. With the Summa OPOS Barcode (not supported on Summasign) you could let it cut in both ways, so the arrows are not neccessary anymore.

Other issue: if you have cut paths in the preview of the cut server, but the plotter don't cut it after measuring the markers, I would check the emulated plotter language in your plotter. Try to set it to "Auto", reboot the plotter and try again.

If you don't have any paths in the preview, you should check the configured Cut Path Prefix.

C

ColoPrinthead

Frank, changing the emulation on the plotter works for the CutContour, but now no longer responds within any other program. The emulation on our plotter has always been on HP-GL/2 without issue. Changing this to DM/PL allows me to CutContour in Onyx, but now I am unable to cut in any other program (we use Flexi and sometimes Gerber Omega for cutting vinyl).

Thoughts?

This is how our set up is and the RIP/cutting PC has to be restarted each time the setting is changed. We have a Graphtec and don't do much contour cutting so it has not been a problem.

FrankW

The regular emulation for Summa is DM/PL, and Flexi uses that too when using a regular SummaSign- or SummaCut-Driver. The only reason for your Problem could be that you have set up the generic HP/ GL-Driver in Flexi. Just add a regular SummaSign-Driver to the Production Manager and try it, it will work.

I don't know how it is with the Gerber Software, they should support Summa too because Gerber resells Summa OEM. If The Gerber-Software don' t support DM/ PL, you could set the emulation to "Auto", then the Summa will change the Language automatically. But you need to reboot the plotter everytime after cutting with gerber, before using Flexi and onyx, and the other way round.

Bly

You have a Summa - do your contour cutting with Winplot.

Cutserver gave me a couple of untraceable errors in big jobs so we just started using Winplot and it's not let us down once.

Asuma01

Doesnt help that the Summa plugin for Corel X6 is totally boned right now. And Summa is doing nothing to fix it.