• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 11 Importing Colors Wrong

amulle

Alright, I had a computer crash and had to reinstall Onyx 11 from scratch. Now whenever I import colors into the Job Editor (Preflight), the CMYK colors I had in illustrator are changed. Example. I have a simple sign with 100% black text (CMYK). When I open the file in Preflight, it is changing the colors to C: 94.5%, M: 87.5%, Y: 92.2%, K: 50.6%. This has never been an issue before, and I am wondering if there is a setting that I am missing somewhere.

Thanks!
Al

Alright, I had a computer crash and had to reinstall Onyx 11 from scratch. Now whenever I import colors into the Job Editor (Preflight), the CMYK colors I had in illustrator are changed. Example. I have a simple sign with 100% black text (CMYK). When I open the file in Preflight, it is changing the colors to C: 94.5%, M: 87.5%, Y: 92.2%, K: 50.6%. This has never been an issue before, and I am wondering if there is a setting that I am missing somewhere.

Thanks!
Al

On the contrary, Onyx is doing exactly what it should be doing in a color managed workflow - converting colors in the file into the closest possible output color on the printer. While you can certainly disable color management in Preflight / Job Editor, the cases where you want to do this should be few and far between, assuming your workflow is optimized.

J Hill Designs

unless you are trying to negate any issues with color calibration, you should never use 100% K - it is a weak black - rich black should be a mix (I use 30/30/30/100)