• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 12.1 cut server and cut order

altereddezignz

Anyone know of a way to make the cut server more accurate when cutting objects.
For instance i have 10 ovals across the 54 wide material. there are 10 rows of this. It will cut from left to right and complete all 10 of the ovals but it will then skate all the way back across the material to start over again on rop to at the left hand side.

I know other softwares have the ability for it to cut the most efficient and quickest way so it will cut from left to right then start on row 2 at the right and cut that row from right to left and so on?

This same thing happends when cutting long runs of material. It will trve the full length of the material then come back to the front and start over.
Instead of cutting letters or shapes across the width of the media then moving down the length?

Hope this makes since.

Split76

do you mean when you import one object to rip and make 100 copies of it or do you make copies and cut file yourself?
I cut everything from onyx with summa f so this is not a problem because it always cuts 1200mm table / time. When i cut normal vinyls with flexi, i'll always convert everything to curves before cutting longer runs, after that the cutting order is always fastest and doesn't jump here and there.

Last edited:

altereddezignz

do you mean when you import one object to rip and make 100 copies of it or do you make copies and cut file yourself?
I cut everything from onyx with summa f so this is not a problem because it always cuts 1200mm table / time. When i cut normal vinyls with flexi, i'll always convert everything to curves before cutting longer runs, after that the cutting order is always fastest and doesn't jump here and there.

I normally sent files the width of the cutter but let's say you had 4 words. Each word is 5 inches tall and 50 inches long. So you have used 20 inches wide of material and 50 inches long of material.
I will sent to cut and it may cut the whole first word from 0 to 50 the come back and cut the next word from 0 to 50. There are times that it may go and cut all the centers of the letter o out first then cut the words. It's just random.

When I used flexi it would cuts like ones letter across the width of the material. So it would cut the first letter on each of the 4 words. Then move the tables. Length just a little bit and cut the next letter or whatever it may be.

Yo could reorder the cut paths to tell it to be efficient and where to start from and so on.

I only send curves and cut paths to onyx never fonts that have not been converted.

Hope this makes since. If not I snap a picture of what I am talking about with a design.

This does the same when sending contour cut paths as well not just solid vinyl.