• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx 12 continuous or pattern print. How?

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Hey guys. I need some help. I am at a (friend's) shop were we need to print a square pattern continuously. the file i have is 60x60 inches and it is tile-able in photoshop but i don't want to create a mega monster file thats 1800 inches long. How can we print the 60x60 tif file without a break?
We tried to look through all the settings and nothing works. I found on youtube that there supposed to be a pattern tab in job editor but it is missing on our end.
Also not sure if it matters but the onyx window's name is GamaGraphics. Not sure if they have different onys softwares. btw we have an epson s40600
also read something about a tailgate options but i couldn't find that anywhere

Chasez

in preflight you set up your repeats with as many as you want and then in the change media and placement options (top right corner of screen where it shows the green/yellow/red light). set your spacing (you will need to know your gap that you want to leave). This will set up to repeat the file with the specified spacing.

Chaz

CSOCSO

I found it. I was looking at placement options and the space between setting was all 0.0" which it supposed to be but what fixed the problem was the "Print All Rows at a Time" check box was unchecked. Maybe it's me but this line is faaaar from being clear on what it does. Anyway Onyx support was helpful and turned it "ON" and it prints the pattern without any gaps. wohoo!

Bly

Wow. I've been using Onyx for years and didn't think you could print tiles without a hairline gap.
Good to know.

CSOCSO

Wow. I've been using Onyx for years and didn't think you could print tiles without a hairline gap.
Good to know.

yeah it helps that you don't have to work with and rip a 20-30yd length of graphics if you do a pattern or something.Printed some yesterday and it worked out perfect. Just make sure the sides are matching when you try to tile them together in photoshop