• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 12 Telling me waiting for media size for 54", although tile is only 50"

Shift Designs

I am ripping a 60' mural job and onyx is telling me that the media is not wide enough although the panels are showing they are only 50.5". If i change media to 57" or higher it will saying "waiting to print"

i know its sunday, but can anyone help me.

ikarasu

Also if you added a bleed, you'll need extra for that.

And is the media rotated the right way? For some reason onyx doesn't auto rotate on some occasions

White Haus

Not a Newbie
This is something that drives me nuts with Onyx. We constantly run into this issue where we'll size jobs around 51ish inches and then once cutter is selected we suddenly lose a bunch of usable width.

I know the marks run along the side which takes up space, but it seems like it needs an extra 2" sometimes, depending on which printer and cutter we're sending to.

Anyone have tips on determining how much space to account for and how to minimize the wasted space? It would be great if they gave you the option to edit cropmark placement/offset/size etc.

Nothing worse than trying to send files down and having to trick it into thinking it has more width than it does, when you know you've got 52.5" or so.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
This is something that drives me nuts with Onyx. We constantly run into this issue where we'll size jobs around 51ish inches and then once cutter is selected we suddenly lose a bunch of usable width.

I know the marks run along the side which takes up space, but it seems like it needs an extra 2" sometimes, depending on which printer and cutter we're sending to.

Anyone have tips on determining how much space to account for and how to minimize the wasted space? It would be great if they gave you the option to edit cropmark placement/offset/size etc.

Nothing worse than trying to send files down and having to trick it into thinking it has more width than it does, when you know you've got 52.5" or so.
What cutter? In the settings you can edit the placement and margins (for summa at least).

Im using a latex and had 0 margins I wanted to print to 60" on a 61" roll. Once I disabled the cut settings it works. I think its .5 inch on each side for the registration marks.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
What cutter? In the settings you can edit the placement and margins (for summa at least).

Found it! In case anyone else tries to find this:

In onyx thrive:
Go to File/Manage Cutters (click yes when warned about configuring the server - make sure you're not in the middle of printing any jobs)
Select your cutter (click on the line, not check mark), click Configure
This will show your mark settings

Mine are both pretty different (attached). Edited to add: Oh right, you can't actually reduce them much more than that. So this wasn't much help at all. Why would they lock the minimum offset values? I get if it's too close the camera might confuse the print but it sure wastes a lot of material (and time).

I also wonder if there is any difference between using Summa or Onyx barcodes for the F series? (we don't have camera/barcode feature on our older S140T)

Attachments

• Onyx mark settings.jpg
    Onyx mark settings.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 137

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you don't use the barcode just set it to none.
Summa barcode is camera only. Onyx barcode you can read with a handheld scanner.

I guess it's some summa spec they have set for minimum.