• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx 18 + Zund cutting paths

512Signs

Hello friends!

We recently purchased a Zund to help our workflow, along with adding new cut contour signs etc to our offerings and also started working with Onyx, rather than Rasterlink for our Mimaki printers (just upgraded the CJV300 to Epson S80600).

I've had Onyx for a few years but was never able to spend the time to actually learn and start using it rather than RasterLink, but with the new Zund + Epson, we need to move over to start making our lives easier.

For the past couple months that we've had the Zund we have been manually building our print files in Illustrator with cut paths and registration dots, printing, and cutting just fine.

I was under the impression that once I switched to Onyx, it would be able to quickly bring in multiple files and generate a cut border + cutter registration marks for the Zund to read within ZCC. I know it can't easily trace cut paths, that's not what I'm looking for. I thought we could say bring in 3 different sized posters from customer PDF or our own, and just arrange/impose them within Onyx on a single gang run print sheet and be able to tell it to cut them to their individual sizes w/ reg marks for the Zund.

I've found in the Onyx Job Editor we can make the "Tile Outline Cut Paths", which is great, but I don't see in Editor how to add the Zund cut registration marks. I can do those with the Layout Tool and then send over a file with barcodes/dots, but then I can't put the cut paths on.

What am I missing?

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

We don;t have a Zund, but with our Summa F 1612 it is installed as a cutter ad when you want to generate the crop marks for it you just select it from the cutter dropdown list, Onyx handles the rest.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
First page in job editor (don't have it in front of me) select your zund as the cutter and it should automatically add the correct marks/barcodes.

512Signs

First page in job editor (don't have it in front of me) select your zund as the cutter and it should automatically add the correct marks/barcodes.

AH!!!!

We hadn't printed anything yet after messing with that setup, as to not waste materials, but since the preview wasn't changing/updating with those marks I didn't realize it was in fact going to put them on there.

I just did a test print and it did it, so that may be the ticket. I just hadn't gone fully into print/cut mode.

I did have the path to the Zund hot folder correctly set up, and after sending that print it opened cut editor and I manually sent the cut over to ZCC. I just updated that to automatically cut, which should remove that step.

Thanks!