• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 18

K Schutt

Has anyone upgraded to Onyx 18 or had any experience with it? Just looking for some feedback, thinking about getting it.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'm generally stuffing around with anything new from onyx. :D But yes i do have a fully functional version of onyx thrive x18.

What would you like to know?

MJDallas

I'm playing with the trial version now. It has crashed a few times- other than that seems good.

Emd2kick

Seems almost identical to previous version so far. Only items that didn’t transfer for us cut server settings.

K Schutt

I'm generally stuffing around with anything new from onyx. :D But yes i do have a fully functional version of onyx thrive x18.

What would you like to know?
I was curious on how it handled color, we are using RASTERLINK6 and are thinking on switching to Onyx 18.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I was curious on how it handled color, we are using RASTERLINK6 and are thinking on switching to Onyx 18.

Very well in my opinion.
Media profiling is very good, It has a lot of options to go though. You'll probably see threads where i hate the icc engine (mostly uv printers), but once you understand how it works, it's actually very good but sensitive.
Colour management is real good with onyx. A lot of options and easy to get to.
I do recommend having a spectro (X-Rite i1Pro) to get full use of its features.
If you're not comfortable using a spectro to create profiles, you can re-linearise the canned profiles and they should do a pretty good job in replicating colour.

Download the 30 day trial - https://www.onyxgfx.com/downloads/
Fully functioning, but try the one you want to buy as there's a few. - http://www.onyxgfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Products_Comparison_2016_dark_letter.pdf
Also if you get Onyx Advantage, You're able to access the training videos which are very handy for someone getting onto onyx. There's hours of training in different parts of onyx.

AGCharlotte

How's it compare to Onyx 12? I'm still running Onyx 11 and I've been planning to upgrade to 12, but now 18's out so ... wrench? :)