• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx and Mutoh RJ-6100

Gasper

Hi! First of all great forum, lots of information!
I hope im writing this in the right section otherwise just move it or delete it.
Anyway i got an old mutoh falcon rj6100 as the title says. Im quite new to this scene, so if anything sounds stupid im sorry..
I got a cracked version of onyx production house x10 but the drivers that i can get from the "profile download client" are only for onyx 12 and up. So i guess this is the problem. Onyx crashes each time with a printer installed. If not printers are installed it runs.
Could anyone help with a driver or any suggestions?
(x10 is the only version i could find on the internet, and i did quite some searching)
Thanks

Hamster

i faced similar problem for dilli neo titan printer. here's what i did:
downloaded prninst file from download manager for version 12 and open his with archiver
went to the directory C:\Onyx10\Common\repository and find here mutoh.zip, open his with archiver
changed files from mutoh.zip to prninst file
attached new prninst file to onyx10.
do not forget to run the P.exe file

Once everything is up and running, an exciting journey awaits you in setting up and profiling your printer.

but in general, I would recommend you to search the network for photoprint 6, everything is easier there

Gasper

BRO! You are a genoius! :D
But it still wont print, i guess the problem is my usb to parallel dongle.. but at least there are no errors in onyx!
Just as we are here talking about this, do you have any experience with these usb to parallel converters, do they work or not?
Thank you again for your solution!

Hamster

you need to check the port settings on your computer and printer: boud rate, data bits, parity, stop bits, flow control.