• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx / Canon IPF9000s connectivity issue

CWBlack

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I am running Onyx Production House 10 on Windows 7(64 bit) with a Canon ipf9000s and CET Xpress. Earlier today Onyx aborted a print to the Canon and all files after that come up Error - Cannot start print. Onyx will send to the CET with no problem and the Canon will print a nozzle check. I have tried multiple files to assure it was not a problem with the file. I have pinged the printer ip and checked the network connections. I have restarted the printer and print server multiple times. I have tried changing the ip on the printer and in Onyx. I have deleted and reinstalled the printer in onyx. I am not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

Hotspur

Look in your input folder - if there are any files in there you recognize, delete them - there should never be image files in your input folder.

Don't expect them to have correct file extensions - its usually .RQX or similar.

Just delete them (don't delete the "info" folders though!)

Also delete your image files from the work folder and restart the rip.

Give the rip 5 mins to sort itself out and restart once it all looks OK again - this time you should be good to go.

CWBlack

OK, after being turned off and unplugged for a few hours. It seems to have cleared itself up. I am still not sure what caused the problem, but at least I am running again.