• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ONYX Can't find Roland IP

DirtyD

I use Versaworks for my RIP but have used Onyx before on a HP a few years back and really liked it so after I saw ONYX 12 with the new bleed and grommet feature i decided to give it a try and and downloaded the 30 day trial.

The install and everything went fine and I was able to load my printer profile etc but when i type in the IP address for my Roland ONYX says it cannot find it. But when i go to versaworks it finds it and has a ready status... Thoughts?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Make sure that it's trying to connect to the Roland on port 9100.
The default port that Onyx tries to connect to Roland machines on is wrong (port 515).
We had this issue on Onyx 10, and a few minutes of poking around found this to be the cause.

insideman

Roland IP with ONYX

With every evaluation you can call ONYX tech support for help anytime during the trial. Their number is 800 295 8324. I would recommend calling them so they can help you get everything up and running smoothly.