• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Cut Server Help

michsanford

Hi, I am trying to send a print/cut file to my Graphtec 8600, and I can't get Onyx to recognize the cutter.

I had an Onyx rep come in about a month ago, and she changed some settings, trying to set up something else, and now nothing will send to the Graphtec.

The files are set up correctly.
When opening through Production House, it won't give me the option to choose my cutter in the "Contour Cutter Selection" menu. (see attachment) There are no cutters listed.

I know that my cutter is set up, because when i send a cut-only file from the cut server, it works just fine.

Any help?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 776
Hi, I am trying to send a print/cut file to my Graphtec 8600, and I can't get Onyx to recognize the cutter.

I had an Onyx rep come in about a month ago, and she changed some settings, trying to set up something else, and now nothing will send to the Graphtec.

When opening through Production House, it won't give me the option to choose my cutter in the "Contour Cutter Selection" menu. (see attachment) There are no cutters listed.

I know that my cutter is set up, because when i send a cut-only file from the cut server, it works just fine.

Any help?

Maybe tell it what cutter your using in the contour cutter selection box?

I use cutting master but from the pic you sent you dont have a cutter selected

papabud

Lone Wolf
assuming you already have your cutter properly connected.
in your cut server window. select the green manage cutter button
then add cutter selecting your cutter. back in the manage cutter window select your cutter and configure.
select the connection type and any settings you need for your cutter

michsanford

assuming you already have your cutter properly connected.
in your cut server window. select the green manage cutter button
then add cutter selecting your cutter. back in the manage cutter window select your cutter and configure.
select the connection type and any settings you need for your cutter
I have done all of these steps, and it still won't give me the option to choose the cutter in production house.
Maybe I'll just cry...that'll help

Joe House

I would have the Onyx rep come back out and fix what she broke...
Unless you're afraid she'll make it worse.

papabud

Lone Wolf
one thing you might want to double check. your onyx key. make sure its enabled for a cutter. if its not, it will cause you issues. easy for an onyx rep to fix.

bgraphix

When you're in the Rip-Queue have you tried selecting: >File >>Manage Cutters and then selecting the Graphtec from there?

Doug78

Any help?

Did you get this fixed? I'm having the same issue????

unclebun

You have to select which cutters to install while you are installing Onyx. If you don't select any, there will be none available in the dropdown box. Likely the person who "fixed" things reinstalled Onyx and didn't select any cutters. If you re-run the setup you can add them.