• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx CutContour

msenjur

Hello

im having so problems with contour cutting. I do everything as the onyx youtube movies shows, but i still cant cut.

When i manage to get file in cut server, it only show blank frame. As no lines needs to be cut.

Where am i wrong? lines are marked as spot color - CutContour

Attachments

• snip_20180212180358.png
    snip_20180212180358.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 500
  • snip_20180212180513.png
    snip_20180212180513.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 391
  • snip_20180212180601.png
    snip_20180212180601.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 373

papabud

Lone Wolf
make sure your designing it with a spot color and the spot color needs to be named CutContour. typed exactly how you have it in your quick set.
this color needs to be a separate line in your design file.
your pdf trim box that you have checked will cut a box around your media file size, not normally needed unless you need a square box around everything cut

Chasez

Also try placing the cutcontour on its own layer and place that layer as the top most layer. Sounds like it wouldn't be a difference but I found with onyx that it helps when placing spot layers as the top most layer in the file.

Chaz

Bly

You should see the cut line in Job Editor and be able to turn the cut path preview on and off to verify.

msenjur

ok, i will try layers.

i donr think its the preview, becouse if acually try to cut it, cutter try to reads contour, but ends with error

ikarasu

Email a sample file to lucidify@gmail.com and I'll take a look.

I have a feeling it's a problem with your spot color not being named correctly, or setup correctly .

It should be its own swatch, spot color selected, named "cutcontour" doesn't have to be on its own layer or anything.

msenjur

i attached picture of color pallette with spot color visible, also i attached picture of settings in onyx...

will send file tomorrow

asd

I also could not get onyx to send a file to cut server, because I have a downgraded copy of onyx, but this is what I did to print on the epson and cut on the versacamm, I create two files one for the printer and one for the cutter, I will print the file with cropmarks on the epson and then used the same file with a cutcontour line for the roland, your cutter should be able to read the cropmarks if you set them for the right cutter

msenjur

ok, now i managed to get file in cut server, but now im having problems with size of cut shape. Cutter cuts too large object. I talk to some people, and they said it could be in step and/or resolution problem. Does anyone know where are the settings for this?

papabud

Lone Wolf
in your default cutter settings in onyx. look there. if it defaults to settings on the machine, you will have to look on the machine

msenjur

im not an amateur at this. i do contour cut for 8 years. but always from easy sign.

my steps? create object, add bleed, create contour line, hairline, then multiply objects to format that would fit media.

in onyx i open pdf, check cutcontur quick set, wait till file is ripped, and then click print, wait till it is printed, let it dry a little, insert in cutter, click on onyx cut server, find file and click cut now... wait by cut to see how it will read frames, and then wonder why it cuts larger object...

papabud

Lone Wolf
i never said you was an amateur, but there is an issue somewhere and i was trying to help you find it. you said its not in onyx, its not in the machine, and you said its not in your file. so was trying to find some random step or place that would be changing your size.
but clearly everything is how its supposed to be so there is no problem then.

msenjur

yes, and i apreciate your help.

i didmt said that it isnt onyx. i think it is onyx. i just dont know where to find setting for cutter resolution, or something like that... i dont know. but there is a reason/setting why it cuts larger object

papabud

Lone Wolf
only place it could be would be in your quick set. if you double check it.
here is a copy of my quick set, see if it helps

Attachments

• quick set.png
    quick set.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 391