• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Cutter Marks

airborneassault

Alright I have a bit of a puzzler this afternoon. We've been printing out of Caldera for all of our print & cut decals lately but for this specific job I have to print out of Onyx as it's a repeat job that needs to match fairly closely.

When we print out of Caldera it puts marks for our Summa probably every foot and I find that the registration is spot on, as opposed to Onyx where it puts marks at all four corners. My question is am I able to enable Onyx to add extra marks along the edges?

Thanks
-Nathan

ScottyDoo

Onyx will add extra marks for the Summa every 36 inches, so if your job is shorter than that you will only get the marks in the 4 corners. I would prefer they be every foot, but unfortunately we have no control over that.

Freese

That is one of the things I am surprised Onyx hasn't included in their Cut Server - segmented crop marks.

Because of this, I find cut jobs longer than 4ft seem to track off and cut a bit less accurate, so I have to go the route of doing it through Illy plugins

Freese

I run Onyx and Graphtec and have more then the corner marks

But we are referring to the crop marks the Cutter will read (cutting via Cut Server)

CutServer has no option to place more than 4 crop marks around the outside of the art, while if you generate crop marks in Illustrator via Cutting Master or Finecut, you can add segmented crop marks.

Case

Segemented targets are now in Onyx 10.2 with the Graphtec and Cut Server...

It will add them automatically after every 18" or so.....

Case