• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx help!!

MGraphics

Had to reinstall production version 7 and now the program wont let me open preflight or anything like that and I can change roll size or media's or placement at all... anyone have any ideas would eb awesome!!!! I am running an Encad Nova Jet 1000i

Thanks,
Ryan

WestbankKurt

Onyx

Sorry to hear your troubles, I dislike Onyx but have no choice. We are using 10, perhaps you should consider moving up if your a fan of Onyx.

It sounds like the program is configured for a basic Onyx product, called RIP-Queue. The additional modules are not available for use with that product. In Onyx, go to the File Menu > View > Key.

This should open the Onyx Key Viewer, which shows which modules are enabled and disabled for your key. Yould need to contact Onyx to enable any functions that are not enabled.

MGraphics

I can use the othere functions like pre flight and all that... just not form the RIp ques its self.... I cant change the roll size or palcement or anything... Do they charge at onyx for tech support??

Thanks for the info!!

Bly

After my last upgrade to 10.2(?) I had the same thing.
Wouldn't let me preflight from Ripqueue.
I rebooted a couple of times and it came good.

Yes they now charge for tech support.
I never had much luck with them when it was free.
Who knows maybe it's better now.
From memory there's something in their knowledge base about reinstalling the program.
I think it says go through the registry and delete all references to onyx.
Do a search on their site. There's a lot of info for free.

Onyx does charge for technical support, though I don't know whether or not they will support version 7, as the newer version 10 has been out for a while.

Did you happen to change the computer's operating system? I doubt that Onyx version 7 will run properly under Windows 7...

ScottyDoo

That's not an official Onyx forum.
I think the bloke who runs it (Scott) is a member here too.

You would be correct. OnyxTalk is a peer to peer support forum I started for Onyx products. I have close ties to Onyx and there are also a number of Onyx employees who keep an eye on the posts there, but it is definitely not an official Onyx forum.

Matt-Tastic

If you are running it on a win7 machine, make sure UAC is turned off (never notify). you can also try to right click and "run as administrator".

if those don't work, uninstall it completely (including the registry entries from HKLM & HKCU), reboot and reinstall. sometimes its just a permissions issue, and onyx needs a swift kick in the pants.

JoeBoomer

CTRL + ALT + DEL

Goto "Processes"

close anything Onyx related. ("Postershop", "JAWS", etc.)

Then re-open Postershop or whatever you're using.

Hopefully that works.