• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Onyx Icut Questions

Christian @ 2CT Media

Does any one use Onyx with a ICut cutter? We were told it would work with our iEcho table but I was wondering:
1. What file format it exports?
2. Does onyx allow you to select the mark type?
3. Can you specify new cut contour lines?
4. Can you use 2 different cutters (Summa and ICut) for 1 job?

Thanks for your help!

YMCK

1. It exports a .Cut file, if you are running version 11 or 12 it will automatically create the file in the Onyx directory inside the cutter folder, if you are running 12.1 you will have to configure the output of where the .cut file get's sent, this is done by going to File > Manage Cutters > Icut > Configure

2. Yes, in Onyx make sure you are selecting Icut as your contour cutter.

3. Onyx does not drive cutters that use Icut, they print the image with the cut marks and generate a .cut file you can use with the Icut software, but you cannot modify the cut file in Cut server. You can always modify the cut paths in your design software.

4. You can only use on cuter per job, you can make copies of the job and changing the cutter.

Christian @ 2CT Media

1.) can it export a different type of file other than .cut?
2.) I know I can select the cutter but can onyx use the 6mm dot vs the crosshair or square?
3.) What I meant by this is can I specify say "CutContourUCT" and have onyx assign the correct tool?
4.) Ok That makes sense but each cutter uses different marks so I guess its not possible without manual intervention.

YMCK

1.) ICut uses .cut files, you can create an .XML file using the cut only workflow but Icut wont recognize it.
2.) I have yet to find a way to do this so it doesn't look like it can, the only options are to control the Mark placements but not the marks themselves.
3.)I know this works with ZCC but I have not tested it with Icut, this might be something you might want to try out.

Onyx will create the cut path and generate the cut file but everything will have to be configured in the Icut software.