• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx install - no TCP/IP

bigprinter

First time installing Onyx Postershop 7. In the configure printer settings box I only have 3 options.

Video Feed
Print to file
Print Forwarding

It doesn't give me an option for tcp/ip. Also, I am running a straight CAT5 cable from the printer straight into the laptop that Onyx is on. Do I have to do some network configuring on XP to get the printer recognized?

I tried all 3 settings and none of them printed to our Scitex. Google search returned nothing. I hope you guys can help.

Some of the larger grand-format devices (Scitex, Nur etc) do not support driving the printer directly from the RIP, but instead are driven by a local (to the printer) controller. In that case, you would forward the ripped file to the folder on the controller, and send the job from the printer's controller

bigprinter

Looks like we are using videonet. Does anyone know how to find out the IP addresses of our printers? Like how to go about using windows network to find the printers? Having one hell of a time trying to get these printers online and working (Going on day 3 now) any help much appreciated, this down time is killing us.

bigprinter

In case anyone stumbles on this from the google. The solution is to find the "extras" folder in the onyx install (for 7.3.2) and then install the .dll file through windows network. You need to setup a new protocol under "videonet" and uncheck everything else. It's difficult to explain but if anyone else has a similar issue I can make up a little tutorial.