• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx layout tool only printing 1 printer at a time

posterframing

I am using onyx x10 and printing with 2 gs6000's
I am printing canvas with a 2 inch colored bleed .
1 printer is connected usb and the other is Ethernet.
Anyways I load images on layout tool select the printer and profile and print . The only problem is I can't figure out how to print both printers at once . Basically after one finishes the other starts.
Hopefully someone can help me
Thank you so much
-Jacob

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I am using onyx x10 and printing with 2 gs6000's
I am printing canvas with a 2 inch colored bleed .
1 printer is connected usb and the other is Ethernet.
Anyways I load images on layout tool select the printer and profile and print . The only problem is I can't figure out how to print both printers at once . Basically after one finishes the other starts.
Hopefully someone can help me
Thank you so much
-Jacob

Onyx what? poster shop? thrive?
Weird. Have you tried to connect them both via Ethernet? or usb? it shouldn't matter though.

Can you print with both printers at the same time with files from job editor?

Im not sure how the gs6000 works, but does the files save to the printer first then print or send and print at the same time?
Im pretty sure onyx will only send 1 file at a time to any printer which may be the issue.

FYI i have onyx thrive (had x10 now on 12.2, but 1 printer - Oce Arizona. I send files to the arizona and they are uploaded to the internal computer, but i can only send 1 file at a time. But the printer can hold many files with its internal drive.

But im assuming because onyx sends 1 file at a time and because i dont think the gs6000 has internal storage it's printing while receiving the files.
There might be away for onyx to send multiples, maybe a licensing thing? you can always email them and ask.
but before you do that, lets get more info from you.

posterframing

It's onyx production house x10 and should handle 4 printers .
I would use que-rip/job editor but can't figure out how to add a 3 inch colored bleed . Only layout tool can do that to best of my knowledge (unless you know something i don't)

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Does onyx send the file to the printer and print at the same time? or print after it's 100% sent???
Because as far as im aware of, onyx will onyx will send 1 file at a time.

Yes you can add bleed on job editor. If i can remember it's on the last tab or 2nd last tab.

Christian @ 2CT Media

You can add your bleed right in rip queue, you can also use layout editor and have it "print" to rip queue so you can send multiple jobs at one time.

You can also use job editor to do all of this.

This is the real problem with Onyx, they have 3 separate tools that all do roughly the same thing, Which causes confusion. They really need to simplify and combine all these tools.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You can add your bleed right in rip queue, you can also use layout editor and have it "print" to rip queue so you can send multiple jobs at one time.

You can also use job editor to do all of this.

This is the real problem with Onyx, they have 3 separate tools that all do roughly the same thing, Which causes confusion. They really need to simplify and combine all these tools.

Im confused, RIP Queue is the once spot you can send files to your printer isn't it?
If i press print in job editor or layout tool, it sends the job to RIP Queue.

I mostly use Job Editor.
I only use Layout tool if i want to organise how i want my files to be printed on my media. Usually if they're getting cut on the table saw.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Im confused, RIP Queue is the once spot you can send files to your printer isn't it?
If i press print in job editor or layout tool, it sends the job to RIP Queue.

I mostly use Job Editor.
I only use Layout tool if i want to organise how i want my files to be printed on my media. Usually if they're getting cut on the table saw.
Nope, Layout Tool and Job Editor can both be set to directly print to printers both with various benefits and results.

posterframing

Does onyx send the file to the printer and print at the same time? or print after it's 100% sent???
Because as far as im aware of, onyx will onyx will send 1 file at a time.

Yes you can add bleed on job editor. If i can remember it's on the last tab or 2nd last tab.

I've looked at every option on job editor and can't find a way to add bleed. Anyways job editor would be much to slow to print 20 or so images . In layout tool you can load 20 images select all of them and add bleed. Is there a way to use quicksets May be? Also im still interested in if there is a way to add bleed in job editor cause I can't find it

posterframing

I've looked at every option on job editor and can't find a way to add bleed. Anyways job editor would be much to slow to print 20 or so images . In layout tool you can load 20 images select all of them and add bleed. Is there a way to use quicksets May be? Also im still interested in if there is a way to add bleed in job editor cause I can't find it

Ok I set the job to be sent to rip-que instead of direct and it works . It just takes forever to process.
Thanks for your guys help!
Anyways id still love to know if I can set a bleed on quick sets with rip-que. Or job editor. For the life of me I can't find that option

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you drop a image in to rip queue and right click on it and choose job properties you can add bleed in the bleed sub menu.

You can also generate a quickset to do the same thing. We have one for Canvas that adds a 3" black border to any image dropped in to that quickset, in order to do it you have to select advanced options.