• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Multiple Copies ?

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Looking for help on understanding how to:

Send multiple copies of a job that need to have Summa marks placed on each individual copy.

When sending say 5 copies of a 50" W x 60" H job Onxy wants to place the lead and tail marks on the outside of the entire 5 copies as opposed to each "1 up", and that won't work for us on this job as it contains Flex cutting.

TIA

Dan360

Changed your setup for the printer, under placement, from Conserve Media/Group Jobs Together to Print Jobs Individually.

Sign.ed

I'll create a folder.
Copy the file x amount of times to reflect the amount of copies\
Then load the files individually.
Make sure onyx is set to "Print Individually"
Then I'll set the print to automatically start.

Delete the copy folder when you are done. Kind of annoying but it works, also this works best when you use the preset options in Onyx. I have one for most tyoes of jobs we run, banner, contour cuts, specialty vinyls so I don't have to change 4 or 5 settings every time i load files.

I have a double sided banner order of about 200 banners up to 8 different graphic, I run this way. That way the machine resets the alignment after every print.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
I'll create a folder.
Copy the file x amount of times to reflect the amount of copies\
Then load the files individually.
Make sure onyx is set to "Print Individually"
Then I'll set the print to automatically start.

Delete the copy folder when you are done. Kind of annoying but it works, also this works best when you use the preset options in Onyx. I have one for most tyoes of jobs we run, banner, contour cuts, specialty vinyls so I don't have to change 4 or 5 settings every time i load files.

I have a double sided banner order of about 200 banners up to 8 different graphic, I run this way. That way the machine resets the alignment after every print.

Thanks for the input! I'm wondering tho if it is as simple as unchecking "Print Multiple Rows at a Time" option in the Placement>Options tab?

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
TaDa! So that corrected the issue, the only existing issue I have is that the spacing between the marks is to tight, I have the spacing set to 4" but have less than 2" between the marks. I need to have more spacing between the marks to be able to cut the sheets down with enough lead/tail for the Summa to be happy.

Bly

You could place Winplot rego marks in Illustrator, print as multiple copies in Onyx then cut through Winplot.