• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Onyx postershop with roland colors?

Vohaul

hi all,
so after using versaworks (both dual and the older version) ive gotten kind of used to using roland colors for richer more vibrant colors...

Ive recently started contracting with a shop that uses onyx poster shop....

Is there an option somewhere in postershop that allows me to use the roland colors and specify the cmyk values?...ive found an option that says named colors b ut i cant seem to edit anything....

Thanks
Paul

Andy_warp

Your device builds will most likely not be the same anymore. As with most rips...you'll need to build new media profiles and start a new list of "corrected" colors. CMYK builds don't translate across software like that because you have different screens and methods of black generation. Also ink limits will be a factor.

SlikGRFX

I also miss the Roland system library now we are using Onyx. It was so easy to produce and work with the swatch books. I'd recommend printing the supplied Pantone simulation chart and go from there. Onyx recognises Pantones as spot colours and should printe a wider range of colours than regular CMYK, but obviously the Pantones won't be accurate without profiling etc.