• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ONYX - Printing multiple jobs at once separated cutcontour

msenjur

hello!

how would i be able to print 6 jobs at once so that the each job has its own cut frame?

I dont want that the cut frame is 15m long if it can be 2,5m long.

If i select in onyx "print as separated jobs", than im having troubles with takeup-system, because printer stops after job is printed, and starts new job as fresh print - so printer roll vinyl few cm forward and then backward, meanwhile takeup system roll the vinyl, and when printer tries to roll backward, takeup-system wont let it, and i get a 30cm gap between frames...

so, any ideas?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I believe you can achieve this by creating a custom page/sheet size. Use the length that you'd like to stay under, then it should break it down into smaller jobs. Just make sure you're printing the barcode/cut file name because it can get messy trying to cut the correct files (if layouts are similar) in Cut Server, assuming that's what you're using.

Hope that helps, I've definitely struggled with onyx when trying to do things like this.

greysquirrel

you are trying not to nest multiple print jobs to cut as one big file, correct? if all jobs are in queue, select print jobs individually upper right hand corner area...then click on gear in same area to print automatically. That should send each job one after another and give you individual cut files for each.

msenjur

I believe you can achieve this by creating a custom page/sheet size. Use the length that you'd like to stay under, then it should break it down into smaller jobs. Just make sure you're printing the barcode/cut file name because it can get messy trying to cut the correct files (if layouts are similar) in Cut Server, assuming that's what you're using.

Hope that helps, I've definitely struggled with onyx when trying to do things like this.

ok, but will it start printing next job without rollin forward and backward on start?

msenjur

you are trying not to nest multiple print jobs to cut as one big file, correct? if all jobs are in queue, select print jobs individually upper right hand corner area...then click on gear in same area to print automatically. That should send each job one after another and give you individual cut files for each.

ok i will take a look tomorow altou i dont know what you mean with upper right hand area?

msenjur

ok, now i get what you mean.

yeah, i tried that, but it roll viny forward and backward when it starts next job. I would like, that printer just move vinyl forward for selected space, and than starts printing next job.

if printer roll viny forward and backward, the take-up system roll vinyl, and dont let it roll back when printer tries to roll it backward...