• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx profiles for the JV5 - Why do they suck so much?

ScotJ

I just bought a used JV5, and hooked it up to Onyx. I downloaded the batch of profiles that onyx has on their site - and they all seem to suck. Flesh tones are way off, and everything else is very cyan heavy.

Now keep in mind, I also have a JV33 and downloaded profiles from Onyx and they worked flawlessly. Colour was great, flesh tones and all.

Anyone have a good profile I can doctor for various medias? On my JV33 I just used a controlTac profile and modified it slightly for various medias and it works great.

Thanks in advance!

ScotJ

I only have PosterShop, no profiling utility. Plus, why re-invent the wheel? We don't use bulk ink (though I will when we're off warranty) so there are plenty of people out there I could toss a few bucks to buy the profile off of no?

SignBurst PCs

Scott,

I don't think it really works that way or the profiles that came with the RIP would work for everyone.

There are so many variables that people build their own in order to account for the specific variables in their EXACT situation. A profile that works perfectly for one may be horrible for another.

TheSnowman

I've had some sucky ones for my JV3 through the years. It just took lots of tweaking, and changing things, and test prints, and throwing material away to get it right. I've still got a long way to go before I learn the ins and outs, but once you nail one down, it's worth it!

Rooster

Making your own profiles is highly overrated.

I would strongly discourage ALL MY COMPETITION to forget about trying it.

It's just a big waste of time and money.