• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx RipQueue PS10 - Space Between Copies

FaneDuru

We use Onyx version 10.0.0.89 to print on Mutoh ValueJet 1614. Even if I set "Space Between Copies" = 0 the space is zero only on horizontal side but all the time about half millimeter white space on vertical side between the two layouts, working with "Conserve media"ticked.
Can anybody help in solving of this issue? We need no space in order to trim only once...

Thanks in advance!

Matt-Tastic

it could be a glitch in ONYX, so, upgrade to the latest version your key will let you run (10, 10.1 or 10.2 are all pay upgrades, anything in between is a free maintenance update)

Also, make sure there isn't a stroke or something similar in your file. often I see a file that was designed, for example, at 24x24, but the image in ONYX is 24.005 or somesuch, because someone put a box around it with a stroke. using your artboards in AI and saving as PDFs helps with that issue.

Bly

Sounds like it's just the width of the crop marks.
What happens if you turn cropmarks off?

FaneDuru

it could be a glitch in ONYX, so, upgrade to the latest version your key will let you run (10, 10.1 or 10.2 are all pay upgrades, anything in between is a free maintenance update)

Also, make sure there isn't a stroke or something similar in your file. often I see a file that was designed, for example, at 24x24, but the image in ONYX is 24.005 or somesuch, because someone put a box around it with a stroke. using your artboards in AI and saving as PDFs helps with that issue.
Firstly, thanks for your prompt answer! If you say that upgrade to 10.10.1 is free I will do it. But I am afraid that it will not solve the problem. This behavior (white line on vertical between layouts) appears all the time for all layouts. I am sure it is not any box around...

FaneDuru

Sounds like it's just the width of the crop marks.
What happens if you turn cropmarks off?

This was indeed the problem... Thanks! Without crop marks this problem does not appear any more.
But I can not understand how this problem appears only on vertical side... On horizontal side the space between two consecutive layouts does not exist. In fact some very thin white line very good in order to cut on it... Exactly like on vertical without crop marks.
Now, I face another problem: When layouts start and end with white background we need some crop marks. Is it any solution from Onyx side then cropping at software design level?

FaneDuru

Yeah. They have a perfect solution but you just turned it off!

I am afraid you are right...
But if we really need crop marks (and no white space between layouts) does Onyx have a solution?
I mean to overlap the vertical marks...

Thanks for your patience...!

Last edited: