Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx x10 vs wasatch rip

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by KaranGrewal, Jul 4, 2012.

1. KaranGrewal

KaranGrewal Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Hello sign101 community, all you guys are doing great job help solving issues sign industry and new commers are facing. we are inprocess of buying new fuji x2 flatbed printer with white ink option. I m not very familer with rip software ( onyx x10 or wasatch ). so please help me choose which rip software will be better pick as my dealer offering both of them. he is telling me in wasatch rip its very easy to print white ink. but he didnt mention anything about custom color profiles or layout tool.

2. IronHawk

IronHawk Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I can't answer your question from my personal experience as I am not running flatbeds but the guy in our shop that does has run ONYX and ColorGate and prefers ColorGate by a wide margin. Hope that helps somehow.

3. KaranGrewal

KaranGrewal Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Thanks , I read olders forums abt this topic but they are abt 2. Yrs old so just trying to see if newer version of both products has any big tht I should consider before making final choice.