• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Open Cuba

ProWraps

please dont make this political. i would like it to stay in the open forums.

Open Cuba:
http://www.opencuba.org/

large petition to open travel to cuba. ive traveled all over latin america (south, central & northern) and would LOVE to be able to go to beautiful cuba.

dont give a sh*t about the politics of it. dont care about cuban cigars. just would love to go see one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

if you like to travel as well, i thought i would let you know how to make your voice heard.

Mosh

Cuba would be a resort meca, if the government was reformed. Politics are the only thing that will change this.

ProWraps

unfortunately what this place is doing isnt legal. the only way they can get you to cuba is to have you either already exist under current cuban travel license requirements (of which you wouldnt need them anyways), or to help you falsify a requirement to meet a licensing requirement. of which i am not remotely interested in.

what i have posted is a petition to make legal travel for US citizens to Cuba without the current restrictions or licensing requirements. it needs to happen. its long past time.

there are ways to go...so i am 'told'
and then i am 'told' you scratch your head and wonder why you went...

oh i remember now because we are 'told' we can't go there...gives it kind of a mystique, a third world romance,

let me just tell you that i am 'told' you aren't missing a thing...but the old cars are kind of cool...so i am told

SignManiac

I saw a junkyard load old cars in Venezuela. I nearly went to Cuba years ago through the back door on a skydiving adventure trip traveling with a group of international jumpers. I don't remember why I didn't make that trip but I'd have liked to go just to see the place for myself. I don't mind traveling to third world countries, it makes you appreciate even more what we have here.

i agree Smaniac, everytime i go to a third world country i come home not feeling so bad about the taxes i pay.

and yes Venezuela (and Guyana) have an amazing amount of old cars in various states of disrepair...it is amazing what people are capable of making work when they have to...

Pat Whatley

Everyone I've ever known who went has come back with the same reaction...."Not worth the trouble."

If Cuba is opened for travel, however, it will become another resort destination within months.

sure, but it's not really a destination until the US dollars come rolling in....

lol on many points. first of all the US dollars are rolling in and have been for some time in fact it is the only currency you see used in cuba.

there are many airports out of the US that fly to cuba plane loads full of tourists from all over the world and if you think for a moment that these other countries give a rip about US politics...they don't...you walk up to the counter buy your ticket and hop on the plane.

mark in tx

You can get there from just about any other country in the region. Even Canada.
And they won't stamp your passport, they give you a temporary paper if you are American.
Nice place to visit.
Cheap hotels, great food, excellent service.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, the Cuban girls and the hard working youth is really a site to behold............

cuba_cigar.jpg cuban workers.jpg

signwizz

thats funny i just got back last night from there!!!!! stayed at the sandels varadero great people awsome beaches and good food,the only thing if the US gets their hands on it it will no longer be a cheap get away.Very rustic place its like going back 50 yrs lol
just my 2cents lol