Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Cuba

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by ProWraps, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    please dont make this political. i would like it to stay in the open forums.

Open Cuba:
    http://www.opencuba.org/

large petition to open travel to cuba. ive traveled all over latin america (south, central & northern) and would LOVE to be able to go to beautiful cuba.

dont give a sh*t about the politics of it. dont care about cuban cigars. just would love to go see one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

if you like to travel as well, i thought i would let you know how to make your voice heard.

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Cuba would be a resort meca, if the government was reformed. Politics are the only thing that will change this.

3. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

i want to go down there and buy OLD CARS.............hehehehhehe

4. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    I want to go hang out with naked cuban woman . . . !

5. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    unfortunately what this place is doing isnt legal. the only way they can get you to cuba is to have you either already exist under current cuban travel license requirements (of which you wouldnt need them anyways), or to help you falsify a requirement to meet a licensing requirement. of which i am not remotely interested in.

what i have posted is a petition to make legal travel for US citizens to Cuba without the current restrictions or licensing requirements. it needs to happen. its long past time.

6. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Nope...

7. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I want to surf there!

8. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    there are ways to go...so i am 'told'
    and then i am 'told' you scratch your head and wonder why you went...

oh i remember now because we are 'told' we can't go there...gives it kind of a mystique, a third world romance,

let me just tell you that i am 'told' you aren't missing a thing...but the old cars are kind of cool...so i am told

9. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    I saw a junkyard load old cars in Venezuela. I nearly went to Cuba years ago through the back door on a skydiving adventure trip traveling with a group of international jumpers. I don't remember why I didn't make that trip but I'd have liked to go just to see the place for myself. I don't mind traveling to third world countries, it makes you appreciate even more what we have here.

10. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    All in!...among the very few Caribbean islands left for me to visit.

:corndog:

11. Just Another Sign Guy

Jun 19, 2004
    i agree Smaniac, everytime i go to a third world country i come home not feeling so bad about the taxes i pay.

and yes Venezuela (and Guyana) have an amazing amount of old cars in various states of disrepair...it is amazing what people are capable of making work when they have to...

12. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Everyone I've ever known who went has come back with the same reaction...."Not worth the trouble."

If Cuba is opened for travel, however, it will become another resort destination within months.

13. Just Another Sign Guy

Jun 19, 2004
    it already is a resort destination for the rest of the world just not the U.S

14. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

sure, but it's not really a destination until the US dollars come rolling in....

15. Just Another Sign Guy

Jun 19, 2004
    lol on many points. first of all the US dollars are rolling in and have been for some time in fact it is the only currency you see used in cuba.

there are many airports out of the US that fly to cuba plane loads full of tourists from all over the world and if you think for a moment that these other countries give a rip about US politics...they don't...you walk up to the counter buy your ticket and hop on the plane.

16. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I thought they were arresting people for using the US dollar in Cuba now.

17. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    You can get there from just about any other country in the region. Even Canada.
    And they won't stamp your passport, they give you a temporary paper if you are American.
    Nice place to visit.
    Cheap hotels, great food, excellent service.

18. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Yeah, the Cuban girls and the hard working youth is really a site to behold............

cuba_cigar.jpg cuban workers.jpg

19. signwizz

signwizz Active Member

thats funny i just got back last night from there!!!!! stayed at the sandels varadero great people awsome beaches and good food,the only thing if the US gets their hands on it it will no longer be a cheap get away.Very rustic place its like going back 50 yrs lol
    just my 2cents lol