• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question OPENING A .PDF ON ONYX RIP

altereddezignz

I have a a file that has a couple artboard in it with the arboards names. When i save as a pdf but tell it to save artboards it still saves on pdf as multiple pages. When i open that pdf in onyx rip it only show the first page but loads all pages yet i cannot modify any info on the other pages like qty and so on?

Am i missing a way to load each artboard or save each artboard as a separate file when saving as a pdf?

altereddezignz

FYI.
If you're in illustrator you go to export screens and can export each artboard as a pdf using pre-saved pdf setting from illustrator.
Saves each artboard as a separate pdf file and not all in one file as pages.

ikarasu

In onyx you can do multiple page pdfs via tiling. Go enable tiling, select submit all jobs ssperatelly, and it'll rip each page as their own job.

Just another way to do it - we had a PDF that we couldn't break up because it had weird fonts and we were having issues with it. Figured out onyx does multi page via tiling, and that way worked for us perfectly

ikarasu

To add... I'm pretty sure when i did this, it copied the pdf for each seperate page. So if you have a 1 GB pdf with 100 pages, you might be in for a world of hurt.

Im not 100% sure it did this, but I kind of remembering seeing something like that and thinking how stupid it was, and being thankful we don't do multiple page pdfs often. Now I'm curious and will try when I get back to work tomorrow!

altereddezignz

To add... I'm pretty sure when i did this, it copied the pdf for each seperate page. So if you have a 1 GB pdf with 100 pages, you might be in for a world of hurt.

Im not 100% sure it did this, but I kind of remembering seeing something like that and thinking how stupid it was, and being thankful we don't do multiple page pdfs often. Now I'm curious and will try when I get back to work tomorrow!

Thanks for the info. The only issue i run into is we have several clients that have the same design but have several in different colors and layouts so just off the top of my head there is one client that has 30 artboards. The export screens makes this a lot easier as it creates a separate file per artboard.

I can also see the tiling being a good feature to know as well.