• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion on layout vs layout?

jkdbjj

Text is just filler text for now, but wondering if I could get some opinions on half design left to right vs full background?

These are going to be displayed on website design.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 223

jkdbjj

Thanks, my wife agrees it's easier to read but she like the top one for some reason.

Thanks for your response.

jkdbjj

I'm also thinking a solid color background, by just removing the light colored patterns. I think it's taking away from the actual signs to look at.
Your thoughts?

player

I like the top. If you want the solid background, I think you need to make it narrower. The solid block seems to be crowding the product graphics. The displays need room to breath visually.

Jillbeans

Top with reversed lettering, no pattern.
I'd put all the text to the left and the photos to the right due to the direction we read.

ChrisN

Another for top w/ reversed lettering. I'm kind of neutral on the logo watermark. Often the watermark will stand out more on the screen than when it's printed.

rjssigns

Top layout as eye's/brain are tuned to focus on biggest or brightest immediately. Product is your "hook" not text. Bottom layouts draw your eye to text first, product second.

reQ

Okay, i think i was the only stupid one who was looking at the signs in the pictures and was thinking wtf? where is the difference, but did read comments and understood that you are talking about webpage layout LOL.

Bottom one is clean i like it.

oksigns

Your second set of designs where you breakout and contain the copy is MUCH easier to read. If your gonna float the text, it should be be bold and be able to stand on its' own.

You may consider the best of both worlds and have that BG image bleed through just a tiny bit, but the contrast helps with readability

jkdbjj

Thanks everyone, and Jill I do have a version with text on the left.
The website I'm building in the background is setup that way currently and I do like it.

other thing to note, this year mobile searches surpassed desktop searches. So this site will be responsive. When viewed on phone most of the pics will disappear so the user has a simple clean interface which is what mobile users want.

one of the examples above has white text floating, and it is easier to read.
i will also eliminate the watermark and probable the background textures.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I tend to think you have the best of both worlds going on here. You're going to hafta make a decision if you want to go for aesthetics or easy/fast reading. According to what side of your brain you're thinking with at the moment, is it the looks of an artistic and well combined color scheme with everything perfectly balanced.... or something which can be read in an instant. What catches someone's eye ?? Is it the elements and whatnot.... or getting the point across without hesitation ??

Tough call. Both look great to me. This would be a very tough call.

I think you've reached the top with this. It's up to you because nothing is really wrong with either. :thumb: