• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions on how to cut against the seal under a window?

simpson246

Hi all, I was trying a few test cuts on the test vehicle and inparticular looking at how we would deal with cutting a straight line on the vinyl wrap under the seal to the vehicle side windows.

I was hoping to knife would simply run in the gap but it seems to keep jumping out and giving an uneven cut so I'm wondering if any of you have any opinions on a technique to do this or what you do?

Many thanks,

WrapCut

I was hoping to knife would simply run in the gap but it seems to keep jumping out and giving an uneven cut

Have you had a look at WrapCut Fine Filament Edge Cutting Tape? You can lay the tape down first then apply the vinyl over top. The cutting filament provides a clean, even cut line EXACTLY where you need it to be, as it is always on the edge of tape.

With the current offer for a FREE roll of the WrapCut 200' Roll (plus shipping & handling), it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.