• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinions on HP 365 Latex?

Quix

Hello to all.
I've been using an HP Latex L25500 for some years and want to upgrade to a new HP Latex 365.
It seems that all the first latex technology issues have been solved, but I couldn't find any review from a real user.
I have my doubts if this printer is a good choice:
- Is the cost for printing similar to my old latex?
- Is the quality similar?
- Which RIP you recommend (Flexi or Onyx)?
Thank you in advance.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i have used both the older L25500 and my newer 360
i liked them both but i have had a lot fewer issues with the 360.
for me print quality is only slightly better.
i am not sure on cost per print. but i spend more money on the vinyl than i do the printing.
i think maintenance is easier printing is a lot faster and you have more control over how it prints.
Over all i am very pleased with my 360 and i enjoy using it.

dypinc

The one downside to the L360 is that it is a contone printer meaning you have no control of the light ink splits, and minimal control over per channel ink densities. For a color management novice you can get adequate color profiles from the onboard color management system, but you do not have full control like you have with the L25500. But all that being said there are ways to get really good output with the L360, you just have to go about it differently.

Also in certain situations the lack of two lc/lm printhead in the L360 presents some challenges especially when using low pass settings. Do a search here and you will find lots of information about dealing with the one lc/lm printhead.