• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Optically Clear Back Mounting Film

FactorDesign

So the shop where I'm working has been using Fix-On optically clear mounting film to mount graphics printed on polyester blockout film to the back of acrylic sheets. Just called to re-order some film and found out that they no longer make it in 36", which is our most used size. We would have go go up to 51", which ends up creating a ton of unusable waste and adding to the cost of every job.
I'm looking for suggestions for an "as good or better" alternative. Needs to come in a size close to 36" x 150ft, and be available in the USA.

I'm sure a lot of people will just say 'why don't you flatbed print these?', but this is how we have always done things and I don't think I can convince anyone to knock down a wall to make more room for a flatbed and shell out the massive investment.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So the shop where I'm working has been using Fix-On optically clear mounting film to mount graphics printed on polyester blockout film to the back of acrylic sheets. Just called to re-order some film and found out that they no longer make it in 36", which is our most used size. We would have go go up to 51", which ends up creating a ton of unusable waste and adding to the cost of every job.
I'm looking for suggestions for an "as good or better" alternative. Needs to come in a size close to 36" x 150ft, and be available in the USA.

I'm sure a lot of people will just say 'why don't you flatbed print these?', but this is how we have always done things and I don't think I can convince anyone to knock down a wall to make more room for a flatbed and shell out the massive investment.

I can help you, I offer optically clear mounting adhesive in 38" rolls if that helps.

FactorDesign

Can't you cut the roll down?
We could, but realistically throwing away around $100 per roll of media adds up fairly quickly. The resulting ~15" would be useless for anything we produce.

I can help you, I offer optically clear mounting adhesive in 38" rolls if that helps.
Thanks Bigfish! I'll shoot you a message. There are probably more than a few media types I need to run by you to see if we can find better solutions for some of our projects.