• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

optically clear laminate question

gabagoo

I have an opportunity to get a roll of optically clear laminate (cast) for $20 more than the cast regular laminate.
The question is because I do not use optically clear laminate very much can I use it as a regular laminate on non perf vinyl?

I ask this as when I do need optically clear lam, I can buy it by the yard but it is pretty expensive $20 plus per yard... Just figured I could buy a whole roll at a good price and use it for either purpose

your thoughts?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yes. We do it all the time with Oracal 290GF. Works just as well on full wraps as non-optically clear 290.

The only difference between the 2, is the backing. The optically clear has the polyester backing paper which keeps the adhesives clear, where the non optically clear has the paper backing and gives it that haze.

gabagoo

The only difference between the 2, is the backing. The optically clear has the polyester backing paper which keeps the adhesives clear, where the non optically clear has the paper backing and gives it that haze.

yes, the stuff I have here has this clear backing and in fact it can be difficult to seperate the 2...hmmm I go for the regular lam

Thanks