• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OPUS skipping registration marks

KapAg

From a file ripped with Onyx 6.5, sent to CutServer, and cut on the Summa S75 D Series:

For the most part it works great. However, when I have a large print (gr. than 48") whereas more than four corner registration marks are printed, the OPUS cannot detect them correctly. It finds the first one just fine, but in searching for the middle one, it feeds directly to the last mark....often finding it and then spitting the rest of the sheet out assuming there's another reg. mark to come.

Any ideas, fixes, solutions from anyone having this problem? When we first set this system up, we could cut sheets with 16-20 registration marks or more...without a hitch. Now, anything over four is a failure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mimaki JV3-160SP
Mutoh Falcon Outdoor II
Colorspan DisplayMaker 72UVR
Summa S75 D
Onyx 6.5 w/ CUT-Server
Adobe CS2 Suite
Windows XP Pro
...and a partridge in a pear tree.

~kevin

dclet

Can't help with onyx cut server, but did you try sending it with winplot....setting the marks manually in your design app. Might isolate your problem...

is cut server setting the marks correctly...I know if I am a tad short or inside the contour it causes all kinds of trouble

KapAg

Well, pretty sure it's an Onyx thing. The Summa knows what it wants to find....but Onyx is sending the wrong parameters...even though the "marching ants" show the cut file is perfect. Tried to go over Onyx's back and just use the Summa software, but that is just a bunch of additional time to set it up than I have right now. It was nice when Onyx would do all the grunt work for me. But I guess that's what I get for relying on software. I'll post if I ever get it working. For now I'll just have to pass on any contour cutting of digi prints larger than 3 feet.

ColesCreations

Just a thought- on the print you had trouble with- in the cut file, remove the 2 marks in the middle, and send it, it might cut it perfectly with just the 4 marks in the corners.
Worth a try?