• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 3164/3165?

splizaat

Hey guys...new to printing, old to plotting. With that said we use 651/751 exclusively for any cut graphics for the last 5 years...We are curious where you've found the best deal on 30" rolls of 3164 and 3165? Signwarehouse has 3164 for $65 a roll (30") but I have no idea how they are on shipping...

Also - any other suggestions other than 3164/3165? Thinking about using Arlon as well, but not nearly as familiar - plus I can't even find a place that sells them? What lines of ARLON would be equivilant to oracal's 3164 and 3165?

Any personal opinions and experiences between the two would be great :)

Thanks in advance! Figured i'd start a discussion on this one.

BadAss

We use Oracal 6164 & 3165 on almost everything except wraps... 3164 if it has a solid background and 3165 if we need to cover something up,,, Love it. great prices. Get it from Fellers....M*

splizaat

3164 so far has lasted a LONG time for us. They say it's short-term but honestly I've got some stickers I've had printed for close to three years UNLAMINATED that STILL look great on 3164...only issue i've come across is 3164 shrinks a TON over time Plus 3164 can't be applied wet :(

J

john1

I use alot of General Formulations Concept 203 from Fellers. It's good for those sticker jobs and yard signs.

I am now also using 3M IJ35C which has air release channels and is also a 5 year vinyl like the 203. The shrink rate is far less than the 203.

The 203 is about $80 a roll 30" and the IJ35C is about $133 from Grimco.

Jim Doggett

I think SignWarehouse is your best choice. :)

Hi Matt,

We ship UPS most often, but we can send it by any carrier, including your own. Plus if you have any question about prices, material specs or recommended uses/performance data, give us a call at 800.699.5514. We're available 7 days a week, with on-staff personnel (sales & support).

Thanks!

SamFeatherston

They are the same material. 3164 has a clear water based permanent adhesive and 3165 has a gray solvent based permanent adhesive. 3165 also comes with a rapid air version for easier application. FYI 3651 is the digital version of 651. I hope this helps.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
My Gloss Adhesive Permanent 5 Mil Vinyl will do just as good and is only $0.12 a sq.ft I will have it stocked in Indiana shortly to cut down on freight and turn around as well if your interested 30"x150' is $45 a roll

splizaat

LOVE the way my sp300 prints on 3651 test piece we got...just trying to figure out the REAL difference between it and 3165....price is same, same adhesive...

buttons

LOVE the way my sp300 prints on 3651 test piece we got...just trying to figure out the REAL difference between it and 3165....price is same, same adhesive...

thickness
3165=3.75mil
3651=2.5mil

Also the 3651 is available in transparent and I don't think the 3165 is

splizaat

Stuck to 3164/3165....3651 is wayyyyy too thin without laminate so we chose to stick to the thicker. It'll work much better for handout stickers.

hardyboy

Anybody know a place where I can purchase Oracal 631 (matte) rolls of vinyl at low cost or anything like it?

China?

34Ford

Where is any 30" wide Orajet 3165?

Oracle said any dealer can get it, well by gosh no one shows they have it.

petepaz

3164 so far has lasted a LONG time for us. They say it's short-term but honestly I've got some stickers I've had printed for close to three years UNLAMINATED that STILL look great on 3164...only issue i've come across is 3164 shrinks a TON over time Plus 3164 can't be applied wet :(

+1
we also use the 3651 it's a bit higher in price but it holds up better
(solvent based adhesive as opposed to water based on the 3164) also it doesn't shrink as much

SameDay Signs

If your looking for an economy vinyl I always suggest Arlon 4560GT. I is only .29 a sq ft and lasts wonderfully and I noticed atleast on my Mimaki the profile it comes with prints really well. Just my 2 cents