• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 3651

MichaelAlmand

Anyone having issues with this material buckling on a table after printing? All is fine running through the printer. But it is killing me when I laminate.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We run tons of it through our laminator.. both from the bottom roll and feeding from the top with no problems. Sounds like a laminator problem rather than a material problem.

4R Graphics

Just a thought but could your heat be to high? We had problems with the Oracal 3640 buckling up after printing and cutting it off the print piece was fine but the pieces left in the printer would buckle up and we would have to feed a foot or so through before printing again. This only happened when we were done for the day and shut the printer down come in the next day material buckled on the printer. Heat was the problem. We never had problems on the printed pieces but they were rolled up on a take up reel and left rolled up until laminate next day.

MichaelAlmand

we run our heat at 34 pre 36 print and 55 post on everything but banner

Goes through the printer fine no buckling at all but when we lay it on a table flat it is brutal. Then put it through the laminator and it wrinkles at the last 2' of the print like those buckles have to go somewhere. Doesn't do this with any other vinyl we have used.... I will try reducing heat on the printer

Thanks

ironchef

Did the last two feet stay on the printer long? I found that if the heat stays on. The vinyl will conform to the shape of the post and pre heaters.

MichaelAlmand

Did the last two feet stay on the printer long? I found that if the heat stays on. The vinyl will conform to the shape of the post and pre heaters.

Nope, I was just saying as it is being laminated the last two feet of the material wrinkles because of the buckling all throughout

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Sounds like it could be environmental (humidity). Moisture in the paper backing. Do you store the vinyl in a humid environment?

J

john1

I was thinking, why would you laminate 3651. I use 3651 or 3641 only for short term graphics.

3651 is decent vinyl, I really think most of the shrinking is due to the 210 laminate. I heard the 215 laminate which isn't listed in the Fellers book but they can get it for you will reduce the shrinkage as it's a higher grade calendered laminate that you canuse on the 3551 as well.