• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 631 one day vehicle wrap

travroy

I've got a client that needs a one day color change wrap for a film shoot, so they want matte. I haven't used 631. Can anyone give me any insight into whether or not this would be an adequate option to be on for one day and then removed. I think generally putting it on and taking it off are no problem. I'm more concerned about how it would hold up if it happened to rain that day.

GraphicsSource

Are you looking to print the color or buy a colored film? general formulations automark is a good cheap option for a wrap or 3m makes a changeable printable film that can do basic curves/rivets and is easy to remove (IJ3555).

I just don't know if 631 will have the conformability that you need for a wrap. As far as holding up if it rains I think really any film will do just fine.

travroy

I'd prefer not to print. It's a tight turnaround, so I'd rather just have the color on-hand and just get it on the vehicle.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
631 is a horrible choice to wrap anything. You can do it, but you're not gonna have fun. Doesn't conform or stretch like wrap purposed vinyl. You never said what the color needed is. For just a photoshoot and not leaving it on after? I'd spend the money on a Photoshop guru and just have the color change done in Photoshop.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
631 is a horrible choice to wrap anything. You can do it, but you're not gonna have fun. Doesn't conform or stretch like wrap purposed vinyl. You never said what the color needed is. For just a photoshoot and not leaving it on after? I'd spend the money on a Photoshop guru and just have the color change done in Photoshop.
it's film and i'm not involved with that part...but i like the way you think!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
OOOH....missed the film part.
Well then....don't know what to say then. Someone needs to pony up for good vinyl then.

travroy

It's a film shoot. I'm not involved in anything other than providing them with a wrapped vehicle. I'm leaning toward standard wrap vinyl anyway. It's a fast turn around and I'd rather not fight an unknown material that doesn't have air egress or reposition.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It's a film shoot. I'm not involved in anything other than providing them with a wrapped vehicle. I'm leaning toward standard wrap vinyl anyway. It's a fast turn around and I'd rather not fight an unknown material that doesn't have air egress or reposition.

I think you have the right idea here. You want something as easy as possible to install so it looks good on camera.
Your labor time will be what counts, not that the material will last longer than they need it to. The faster you get it on (and off) the more money you will make.

We use IJ35 when we do temp partial wraps for the dealers here that are going to come off in a few months, if they are flat. If we have to wrap bumpers or other compound stuff they get IJ180 with lam. Use the good stuff and charge what you need to make money.

wayne k
guam usa

equippaint

I wouldnt use 631 or 651. What you save on material will be eaten up in extra labor expense and the aggravation of it all. Don't get caught up trying to save someone else money at the expense of your own time and sanity. It's not as if they're cutting you in on their profits for helping them.