• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ORACAL 970RA - Clear cote coming of the car after 3 years

Riskok

Hello guys

I got this from a customer of mine on a wrap we did 3 years ago.
It looks like the clear cote is coming of and I rely dont know what to say?

BR Patrik - Sweden

Attachments

• IMG_2057.jpg
    IMG_2057.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_5838.jpg
    IMG_5838.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 141

striper14

looks like customer abuse to me..the edges are getting chewed & someones peeled the clear...but you need more piccys

letterman7

Huh? Looks like the wrap was peeled off - the second photo looks like the adhesive left over. As for the paint chipping - that's new paint over old, not a clear coat. If it's been three years and your customer decided to try to remove it by himself, how is that your problem?

visual800

fist pic is the clear coming off but right above it , it what looks like primer under car paint so Im thinking customer F******** his car up by scraping stuff off now wants to blame others' like most of them do

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hello guys

It looks like the clear cote is coming of and I rely dont know what to say?

BR Patrik - Sweden

Say: It is time to get a new wrap to cover up this terrible paint!
Then offer him a returning customer discount.

It is hard to tell what is going on.
Did you remove the old wrap or did the customer?
If he removed it he does not have much room to complain.
The one photo does look like an area that had been repaired/repainted before the wrap and the new paint did not bond well.
How old is the vehicle?
Some lines of vehicles have a common paint failure after a few years (white Chevy express vans shed their roof and hood paint like clockwork).
Find out if this vehicle might be in a similar group.
Put up some more detail (& photos).

good luck with it

wayne k
guam usa

Tony McD

I think about every auto brand has had paint problems in the past.

Bought a new dodge dakota in 2003, and the clear started coming off at thirty thousand miles.
Did a search on the internet and found out there were two years there where they had the problem, but dodge
wouldn't do anything about it. Got so bad it took 14 spray cans the last time I touched it up...so I wrapped
the horizontal surfaces where it was happening, the hood, roof, bedsides. Now the clear on the sides
is starting to peel...so it's getting worse.

You might check the internet for that model of vehicle just to see if that particular year/color is a known to have a problem.
I'm pretty sure if I remove the wrap on mine, it will pull off more of the existing clear.