• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracle 5600 installation tips

DrunknMonk

Hi All, does anyone use this material Oracle 5600, its a printable cast reflective material, I've been using this now for about a year or so, the installation of this media is very hard work to install, extremely sticky (once chance film) we are fitting this to panel vans and find it very hard to fit, if the graphic touches any part of the vehicle by accident then your job is ruined, I have a van to install in the next few days, any tips on fitting would be great, tried wet install (no good), we cant use any heat as it distorts the reflective silver, but I need to took in to a recessed area, see pict.

Thanks Gary
Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 16.46.06.png

ExecuPrintGS

3M has a printable vinyl wrap material that doesn't "Bruise" like normal reflective vinyl. We used it on our shop van to test it out and it works great. That would be my suggestion for material use, but it is pricey.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You need a reflective with an air agress adhesive.... Quite a bit more expensive but makes install 500% easier. Not many choices either.... The new 3M 780MC, 3M 680, Oracal 5650. I'm sure some others will eventually get on board with air egress printable reflective though. Also the new 3M 780, does not do very well with machine cutting and can tend to tunnel on the liner on the two rolls we tested. We went back to 680 (have a large client that specs 3M).

DrunknMonk

thanks all for your input, just a quick note what squeegee's do you use for the thick material, I seem to get bubbles right near the edge of the film when applying, I've been using 3M gold PA1, thanks Gary