• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracle 651-090 (silver) cutting problems

timstudio

Anyone else having trouble cutting with this particular vinyl? It seems a pain in the *ss to get the cuts straight. Could it be because of reflections?

It helps to cut with extra force, but I still haven't got the right solution. Circles have open ends, etc.

Every time the beginning and endpoint do not match. It happens only with this color (silver metallic.)

Pippin Decals

very very picky vinyl. I cut with it for the first time a few months ago.Soft material versus regular 651. I have a titan 2 machine and i cut at 33-36gms and around 130 speed.never had any other issues beyond that .but then again i was doing micro cuts smaller than 1/8 inch i forgot to add lol.

ams

Do you mean the Silver Gray? If so, not a single problem, I've used it many times and keep it in stock.

timstudio

Vinyl is not old stock. I have about 100 different colors in stock (621/631/651) and use silver grey about 20 to 30 meters per week. So new stock comes in about 2 or 3 times per month.

Some colors require a little tweaking with pressure, but silver grey is the only one (and consistent) that gives trouble with not cutting nice as described in the opening post.

Well....just got to learn to live with it I guess.

timstudio

Don't believe it. That would mean that i've had more than 20 bad rolls in the last year, all in the same color.
As said, I have about 100 different colors in stock, and cut a lot (and I mean a lot) of vinyl. This happens only with the silver. And it happens always.

I guess my summa doesn't like the 651-090.

klingsdesigns

Don't believe it. That would mean that i've had more than 20 bad rolls in the last year, all in the same color.
As said, I have about 100 different colors in stock, and cut a lot (and I mean a lot) of vinyl. This happens only with the silver. And it happens always.

I guess my summa doesn't like the 651-090.

Not sure then I actually think my 651-090 cuts the best out of all the colors in 651.