• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ordered a signburst inferno with upgrades

danno

Our machines are top notch and meet or exceed our expectations. Casey's support and expertise is the best in the business in my opinion.

phototec

Can I humbly ask what the benefit to these systems are?

Nothing looks to be proprietary, or am I missing something?

You can build your own hot box if you know how, super fast processor, SSD hard drive, lots of RAM, Nvidia video card, heavy duty power supply, but if your NOT into building your own computer, then you can purchase one from Signburst already to go.

And Casey's support is second to none!

:smile:

SignProPlus-Chip

Fair enough.

Maybe it's because I build my own systems...I just wasn't clear of what made these so specifically wonderful for the sign industry etc...

I admittedly forget not everyone is inclined to build their own.

Thank you kindly for the response.

You can build your own hot box if you know how, super fast processor, SSD hard drive, lots of RAM, Nvidia video card, heavy duty power supply, but if your NOT into building your own computer, then you can purchase one from Signburst already to go.

And Casey's support is second to none!

:smile:

cmykpro

I see absolutely nothing special about these rigs. They are a boutique pc builder who found a niche in catering to designers. I'm not trying to put them down by any means but this is typical in the PC custom rig world. For $2,500 you can go to newegg.com and build a machine with Raid-0 SSD, better hardware, etc that will eat their machines alive. However I have to admit not everyone is savy in pc building and I can certainly appreciate wanting something delivered to your door ready to use with a warranty.
My point is as a community we should really be helping one another out and these machines are by no means a bargain. I come from an extensive PC background and have never enjoyed the apple experience however I will say for another $500 the new mac Pro will run circles around most of the signburst machines.

Technology constantly evolves, make smart decisions with your money....

SignBurst PCs

First, congrats to the OP on your new Inferno! We are excited to have you in the family.

For those of you that are already in the SignBurst family, thank you for the kind words. Hopefully, you already understand our level of commitment to our customers.

For those of you who are not, these are honest concerns and comments and I have honest answers (some of which have been borrowed from earlier posts on a similar subject).

As for the cost and value, I would just like to say that when you buy one of our computers, the actual computer purchase is often just the beginning of the relationship. Our customers call with all kinds of issues and we almost always try to assist in every way possible (i.e. network troubleshooting, software questions and troubleshooting, work-flow recommendations, storage and backup considerations, and much more). I really enjoy helping my customers. I appreciate their business and will do whatever I can (within reason) to assist when they need it.

How much is that worth to you? That is a question that only you can answer. We save our customers countless hours of frustration and billable service hours by helping when they would otherwise have to pay a computer consulting/service company who may or may not be giving them correct or knowledgeable answers as it pertains to the sign and graphics industries. We don't promise to completely replace your computer support company, but we just might. Many of our customers haven't had to call a computer support company since buying their first SignBurst. I can guarantee that we save our customers $$$ and headaches. I have been told so by our customers time and time again.

We are familiar with the software that our customers use and can not only make system recommendations based on their software requirements, but can often avoid potential problems ahead of time. The computer requirements given by software companies are vague at best. We assist our customers in choosing a computer that is going to work for them and setting up their software to take advantage of the speed in their new computer. If one of our customers needs help setting up their computer and/or software, we are happy to help and we are only a phone call away.

We don't claim to know everything about all of the industry-specific software out there. There is a lot of software out there and there are just some things that only the software companies can fix. In some instances though, we have direct lines of communication to software companies and can get you help when their tech support lines don't answer or put you on hold for extended periods of time. We have friends in the industry and will leverage those relationships to help our customers if we can.

While we build very fast, stable, and reliable computers, they are still computers and can have issues. We try and avoid as many of those issues as we can by building with high-quality components (Yes, there are many levels of quality in computer components. They are not all the same.), performance testing in the major design and RIP software, and educating our customers on a few “best practices”. Even so, our customers do occasionally run into problems. Regardless of when they bought their computer from us, we try our best to help.

I guess that what I am trying to explain is that there is value to buying a SignBurst beyond the initial cost. We see it as a partnership with our customers and want to help them succeed. We don't have all the answers and solutions, but we do try to go above and beyond to help our customers if we possibly can. It is hard to explain the level of commitment that we have to our customers, but hopefully our customers understand. Hopefully, we provide a value and commitment not available to you anywhere else. That is our goal.

On the other side of the coin, there are those customers who buy a SignBurst and we don't hear from them except for when it is time to buy a 2nd computer from us. That means that their experience was uneventful and after all, isn't that really what we are looking for?

HulkSmash

First, congrats to the OP on your new Inferno! We are excited to have you in the family.

For those of you that are already in the SignBurst family, thank you for the kind words. Hopefully, you already understand our level of commitment to our customers.

For those of you who are not, these are honest concerns and comments and I have honest answers (some of which have been borrowed from earlier posts on a similar subject).

As for the cost and value, I would just like to say that when you buy one of our computers, the actual computer purchase is often just the beginning of the relationship.Our customers call with all kinds of issues and we almost always try to assist in every way possible (i.e. network troubleshooting,software questions and troubleshooting, work-flow recommendations,storage and backup considerations, and much more). I really enjoy helping my customers. I appreciate their business and will do whatever I can (within reason) to assist when they need it.

How much is that worth to you? That is a question that only you can answer. We save our customers countless hours of frustration and billable service hours by helping when they would otherwise have to pay a computer consulting/service company who may or may not be giving them correct or knowledgeable answers as it pertains to the sign and graphics industries. We don't promise to completely replace your computer support company, but we just might. Many of our customers haven't had to call a computer support company since buying their first SignBurst. I can guarantee that we save our customers $$$ and headaches. I have been told so by our customers time and time again.

We are familiar with the software that our customers use and can not only make system recommendations based on their software requirements, but can often avoid potential problems ahead of time. The computer requirements given by software companies are vague at best. We assist our customers in choosing a computer that is going to work for them and setting up their software to take advantage of the speed in their new computer. If one of our customers needs help setting up their computer and/or software, we are happy to help and we are only a phone call away.

We don't claim to know everything about all of the industry-specific software out there. There is a lot of software out there and there are just some things that only the software companies can fix. In some instances though, we have direct lines of communication to software companies and can get you help when their tech support lines don't answer or put you on hold for extended periods of time. We have friends in the industry and will leverage those relationships to help our customers if we can.

While we build very fast, stable, and reliable computers, they are still computers and can have issues. We try and avoid as many of those issues as we can by building with high-quality components (Yes, there are many levels of quality in computer components. They are not all the same.), performance testing in the major design and RIP software, and educating our customers on a few “best practices”. Even so, our customers do occasionally run into problems. Regardless of when they bought their computer from us, we try our best to help.

I guess that what I am trying to explain is that there is value to buying a SignBurst beyond the initial cost. We see it as a partnership with our customers and want to help them succeed. We don't have all the answers and solutions, but we do try to go above and beyond to help our customers if we possibly can. It is hard to explain the level of commitment that we have to our customers, but hopefully our customers understand. Hopefully, we provide a value and commitment not available to you anywhere else. That is our goal.

On the other side of the coin, there are those customers who buy a SignBurst and we don't hear from them except for when it is time to buy a 2nd computer from us. That means that their experience was uneventful and after all, isn't that really what we are looking for?

Reliable Computer that is never down and Service that's always available trumps price in my shop environment.. we can't afford to be down.

There is value in what you guys offer. Don't lower your prices.

cmykpro

Well said. I can appreciate folks wanting support and by you coming on the forums sand stating you will provide that support is a good thing.
I guess it comes down to how computer savvy a business owner is. If you are well versed in machine building you can definitely do better building your own from a cost standpoint. However if support is critical to you the Signburst looks like a viable option.

As for the cost and value, I would just like to say that when you buy one of our computers, the actual computer purchase is often just the beginning of the relationship. Our customers call with all kinds of issues and we almost always try to assist in every way possible (i.e. network troubleshooting, software questions and troubleshooting, work-flow recommendations, storage and backup considerations, and much more). I really enjoy helping my customers. I appreciate their business and will do whatever I can (within reason) to assist when they need it.

the graphics co

Can I humbly ask what the benefit to these systems are?

Nothing looks to be proprietary, or am I missing something?

They make great systems for a fair price and offer exceptional after the sale service.

If you are not inclined or capable to build your own then it takes all the headache out of putting a computer together. Knowing the systems are optimized to our industry helps to further relieve the stress of buying a new computer as well. I have had my inferno (slightly upgraded) for over a year and the thing is a beast that has had little to no issue handling any file I throw at it.

Also ordering this computer tomorrow.

I am pretty nervous about it, but from what I am reading on here, i am not so much anymore!

looking forward to working with this beauty!

I have had my upgraded inferno for a year. I would recommend it to anyone in the industry. I find myself working on several projects at once therefore their are times Im designing on photoshop, coreldraw, and flexi and at the same time I have rips running like versaworks and onyx to different printers. The machine just keeps running with no lag.

Techman

After spending almost three decades of working with, programming and building computers of some sort. I would like to think I have some experience enough to make a comment.

One can either build one or buy one.
Most of those who build them have the knowledge and experience to assemble the parts and get the machine started. However, The time spent obtaining the parts and researching the best combination takes time. Lots of time. Unless one is working with machines on a regular basis he will spend tens of hours getting the latest stats on what one would need. Then he will stress over it when the switch is first thrown praying the magic smoke does not appear.

Its a matter of knowing what to get. Components change very fast. If one has just an average consumer level of knowledge he will be about 2 years behind the curve. His home built machine will not be the absolute best for the money.

Components are designed for systems planned to be released about 5 years into the future. Components are not even constructed yet but a machine system is designed around it. Most consumers have no idea what to think about let alone know where to get those components.

Taking the time to build out a machine costs time which translates into money. How much is a a business owners time worth compared to building a machine that suits his needs. I would like to believe my time is worth about 100 bux an hour. Spending ten hours to order and gather parts and build a machine that saved me 600 is a complete waste of resources. Building a machine is much more than assembling some parts. After all it will take at least 6 hours to assemble, read up on the latest BIOS features, and install the OS and the the software. So now we have about 16 hours of life force into a machine that could be better spent taking in a concert.

So the best alternative for 89% of the users is to buy one. Order it, get it in and run it.

As for the other 11%... There are some who will build one just for the experience. Some will do it because they have more time than money. Some do it over ego. A very few have the knowledge in hand and will save a few hundred.

My last computer purchase was a bought machine from a local geek. Simply I could not get parts for an I7 and the OS and assemble what could be purchased at a cheaper price with a little astute shopping.

A new computer.
It's just a tool. It is nothing more than a pile of metal and plastic. It is not a life altering emotionally charged interaction. It is not nirvana. It will not make us complete. Turning a new one on does not bring any emotional charge.

Call Casey and get the best deal with support just in case something does not go just right.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
A new computer.
It's just a tool. It is nothing more than a pile of metal and plastic. It is not a life altering emotionally charged interaction. It is not nirvana. It will not make us complete. Turning a new one on does not bring any emotional charge.

You must not hang with the "in" crowd......
guy-showing-apple-logo-tattoo-on-chest.jpg

wayne k
guam usa