• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ordering DX4 heads, anyone interested

summit graphics

I have found a supplier in China that can supply the DX4 heads at a 3rd of the price, $375 each, problem is I have to order 10 or more at a time and I don't need 10. I'm refurbing a JV3 and need 4 replacements. If anyone is interested let me know.

MikePro

i was tempted to do the same not long ago. I found an Indonesian supplier at the same price, if not cheaper, but was turned off at having a minimum order.
I'm game to take one off your hands if you end up pulling the trigger on it.
I've always fantasized about making a fireextinguisher-style box with breakaway glass and the printhead suspended in the center with "In Case of Emergency, etc. decal'd all over it)

summit graphics

That's funny as crap, I'd let you make me one of the boxes. I will have at least 4 spare heads to sell. I plan on ordering within the next week. I would need payment up front to and can be done with paypal. I have an established business in Bartlett, TN and have been there for 7 years and in Memphis for 42. If you are interested you can call me 8:30 - 5:eek:o cst 901-372-2005

artbot

i'm in. need at least one. who's the supplier? just put in two at $800, and i'm dreading getting the last questionable one replaced.

KevSign

What is a ripoff from some dealers want you to pay for over $1000 ea. + labor. That's why sold my Roland.

artbot

i've busted one of these dx4's to see if gold and diamonds fell out. it didn't look like i could cost more than $50-$75 to manufacture. the worst thing that epson can do is sell them at a reasonable price. my jv3 is still a very very strong tight printer. i'd have no reason to upgrade if the heads weren't prohibitively expensive. so epson makes it so you can pick up a dx5 (which replaces all your channels at once) for $900. a much much more complex head.

artbot

@fieldcenter i predict by tomorrow there will be demand for 50 or more dx4's at $375. no telling how many printer there are out there with "iffy" heads that just aren't getting replaced due to high cost. i wish there was some way to package purchases that worked out so that you could get a nice profit as well. like a dx4 for $500 each, but delivery was only promised within 30 days. that would allow you to collect payments until the amount rose to the quantity that allowed for a proper margin on $500.

MikePro

+1 artot's comment. Asked the boss for approval to spend money on a backup printhead at a considerable discount than what we've spent in the past... he told me to get 2! lol.
i'll call you soon for paypal info.

SE SignSupply

IMHO you guys are headed down a very dark path. What happens when someone gets a bad head? And yes, at least one head out of 10 from China will be DOA.

These printheads are not nearly as reliable as the OEM Epson head. Suck it up and buy the real deal. I would rather spend the 1K for a head that I know works than to through $375 out the window. Take it for what you will, I have no horse in this race...

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Dont even risk it, use FIELDCENTER!!! The guy rocks and has done me very well with no problems and I highly reccomend him!!

artbot

@se sign supply. so there's a 10% chance that one is dead (i'd bet more like 1%). but even with those odds, i'd rather buy three at $375 for $1125 and be guaranteed at least tow if not three good ones.

mustafade

@artbot, some people can't add up therefore looses their sight of the big picture.
Duhhh! 1 vs 3 heads and all three might work for price of one!
Think before you speak or make a comment. Right! or know how to add up.
This is not a rocket science.